"Master Table Open" open error

Post by Spartec Control » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Please help - I have two tables that are linked in a 1>1 relationship.
Recentlty I was expanding on the structures of these two tables in order
to create some new data models. In so doing I suspect I must have done
something to cause my current problem. Now when I try to open the detail
table of the above relationship (either directly or in a form or report)
I get the following message:

                Master Table Open operation failed.
                Master Table: (my table name)

Any suggestions on what could have caused this problem? If necessary,
how do I restructure the detail table if it will not save any
modifications (same error is as above is returned by Paradox)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Sven Pra » Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Please help - I have two tables that are linked in a 1>1 relationship.
> Recentlty I was expanding on the structures of these two tables in order
> to create some new data models. In so doing I suspect I must have done
> something to cause my current problem. Now when I try to open the detail
> table of the above relationship (either directly or in a form or report)
> I get the following message:

>                 Master Table Open operation failed.
>                 Master Table: (my table name)

> Any suggestions on what could have caused this problem? If necessary,
> how do I restructure the detail table if it will not save any
> modifications (same error is as above is returned by Paradox)?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try to repair the tables (tool utility)

You could try to restructure the tables by removing all secondary
relations etc.etc. (or do I understand you correct that Paradox refuses
to let you restructure?

As a last attempt I would suggest you use the Explorer to delete every
file associated with the table names EXCEPT the .db files - that will
leave you with two flat datafiles, no indexes, no relations, no defaults
no nothing. Then go through the process of redefining indexes, relations
and all.

And before you start: Remember that backup is not only for cowards!

regards Sven

1. Open a window without using "Open"

Hi,

I wish to open a window using a name stored in a field. I cannot use the
"open" script step since this one requires to select a file. I tried the
"message" and the "dde' script steps with no luck. It is ok to control
another app but does not work within filemaker.
You now, I would like to have a Back and a Forward button to navigate
accross the recently opened filemaker windows.
When the user moves through the solution, the back and forward filenames are
posted to a "navigator" file using a universal dummy gfield pointing to the
"navigator" file.
I use filemaker 5 on a PC. The solution uses about 40 files and the
navigation would be very cool with a back and a forward button. This should
work in both single user or Multi user, of course.
I tried different things with no luck. So far all I have is a "Home" button
and a hard coded navigation menu.
P.S. I am disabling the window menu and I control the windows with toggle so
the user must use my navigation tools.

Thank you,
Philippe

2. How to: autostart SqlServerAgent

3. Record.open "", "URL=..."

4. Connections (pooling)

5. "cannot open cube" error

6. Using LDAP to connect to Oracle DB's in Enterprise Network

7. Error message "Cursor is not open"

8. Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'

9. "DTS Designer Error" when opening package

10. ERROR "Cannot open user default database"

11. Enterprise Manager "Open Table" frustration

12. Getting "The cursor is already open"-error

13. "Cursor Not Open" error