How do you print a form from OPAL ?

Post by Atif Ahmad Kh » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I was wanting to print a form and noticed the "print"  command.
Help file says it can only be used to print reports ? How do I print
a form ?  I have searched the entire help system with no luck. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Atif Khan

Post by Stefan Schade » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>: I was wanting to print a form and noticed the "print"  command.
>: Help file says it can only be used to print reports ? How do I print
>: a form ?  I have searched the entire help system with no luck. Any
>: help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:>Open the form as a report, then you can use print on it.

even better, just say    menuAction(MenuFilePrint)
and Voila! it prints your form. For cosmetic purposes, I hide all buttons
before printing and then make them visible again after the above command.

--
Stefan Schader, ELBE Consulting Inc., Canada             416 409-3368

Home page: http://www.interlog.com/~elbe

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: I was wanting to print a form and noticed the "print"  command.
: Help file says it can only be used to print reports ? How do I print
: a form ?  I have searched the entire help system with no luck. Any
: help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Open the form as a report, then you can use print on it.

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)

1. Printing forms with OPal

Hello all, I'm using Pdox 4.5 for Windows.

For reasons I won't delve into now my application prints forms and not
reports.  My problem is that when I use an action(menuFilePrint) I get a
dialog box pop up asking for # of copies with OK and Cancel buttons.

The application prints a 'package' of several forms and I want the user
to choose the # of copies of the whole package elsewhere and then click
OK and just have each form load and print without this user intervention.

How can I click the OK button for the user or avoid the dialog box entirely
when printing each form?

I've heard mention of a sendKeys method - can this work. It seems that
once I send the print command, OPal loses control until the user clicks
OK or Cancel.

Help. Help. Help.

--
Tim Frith

2. msado15.dll help?

3. Using OPAL to print a form?

4. msssearch is causing 100% CPU usage

5. PDXW 1.0 Printing form from OPAL script

6. Error 451 Locator Buffer Size Too Small when using dbexport in Informix Online Workgroup Server 7.22

7. What is wrong with doing this with OPAL??

8. NULLs in CHECK constraints

9. LPI problem when printing OPAL code

10. OPAL Question: Opent/Print Report

11. Printing OPAL code correct ??

12. Paradox 5 - OPal - NT Printing Problem

13. Paradox 7.0 report printing bug (definatly not OPAL error)