new action?

Post by peggy bak » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

In testing an app, I have found that a custom method works under v. 7
for windows 3.1 but not under win95.  Without going into details (feel
free to ask) I edit a record in a linked detail table, then use
dmunlink and dmrelink.  Then, in the win3.1 version everything is ok
and I can edit the same or another detail item with no problem, but in
the win95 version i get "record already locked by this session".  In
going through the de*, the only thing I can find is that the
win95 version shows an "action(DataLostLock)" which I never heard of
before and can't find documented.  This doesn't appear in the 3.1
version.  Does anyone know what is the story with this?

1. insert new record with action query

Can I insert a new record to a table using an action query?

eg. (From a SQL Text...this is not VB's SQL)

INSERT INTO
  TABLENAME (FIELD1,FIELD2, etc...)
    VALUES ('Test', 3, etc...)

Looking at the documentation, I only see the INSERT INTO being used
for attaching other tables

Craig Hamilton

2. ODBC: Connection is busy with results from another hstmt

3. Adding new record, action(insertrecord) problem

4. trace flags

5. how to convert action integer to enum action type

6. ANNOUNCE: Sybtcl-2.0

7. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

8. Unused objects

9. New New New

10. JOBS-ORACLE- NEW YORK NEW YORK (more than 10 new jobs)