Running external programs fro Paradox

Post by Mike Aust » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Looked through most of the documentation, but I didn't see anything about
running external programs, DOS programs specifically.  If not possible
with ObjectPAL, it is possible through windows with 'Uses'?  I would like
to create a script that runs a program which downloads information from a
bar-code reader, then import the file and perform some magic.

                                                Thanks

            "I just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change"

   <A HREF="ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/cm/cman/index.html">Mike's Home Page</A>
         Links to FAQs; cool commercial, graphics and music pages, etc.

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: Looked through most of the documentation, but I didn't see anything about
: running external programs, DOS programs specifically.  If not possible
: with ObjectPAL, it is possible through windows with 'Uses'?  I would like
: to create a script that runs a program which downloads information from a
: bar-code reader, then import the file and perform some magic.

execute(programname)

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)