Corel Site

Post by Bill McCr » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:27:20

Is anyone else having trouble with the Corel site?  Starting some time
yesterday, when I try to retrieve messages from there, I get "Error
reported by Server:  480 User and Password still required.  authinfo
command."  I haven't changed anything (as far as I know), so something
must have happened at the Corel end.

Bill McCray
Lexington, KY

Corel Site

Post by Michael Israel, M.D » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:31:18

I am having the same problem.

> Is anyone else having trouble with the Corel site?  Starting some time
> yesterday, when I try to retrieve messages from there, I get "Error
> reported by Server:  480 User and Password still required.  authinfo
> command."  I haven't changed anything (as far as I know), so something
> must have happened at the Corel end.

> Bill McCray
> Lexington, KY

Corel Site

Post by Paul » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:36:40

I'm having the same problem.  Didn't this happen about 18 months ago?

> Is anyone else having trouble with the Corel site?  Starting some time
> yesterday, when I try to retrieve messages from there, I get "Error
> reported by Server:  480 User and Password still required.  authinfo
> command."  I haven't changed anything (as far as I know), so something
> must have happened at the Corel end.

> Bill McCray
> Lexington, KY

Corel Site

Post by Tom Krie » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:16:35

Take a look at the thread Corels NG's on this group.

Tom K

Quote:> Is anyone else having trouble with the Corel site?  Starting some time
> yesterday, when I try to retrieve messages from there, I get "Error
> reported by Server:  480 User and Password still required.  authinfo
> command."  I haven't changed anything (as far as I know), so something
> must have happened at the Corel end.

> Bill McCray
> Lexington, KY

Corel Site

Post by Rodney Wis » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:02:45

Hey!.... Me too!

Corel Site

Post by Bill McCr » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:27:17

Ah, thanks.  I haven't had time to read the newsgroups for a couple of
days, but I download them regularly anyway.  I've finally started
reading this one and looked for an answer to my post.  It's nice to find
out that it isn't just me.

Bill

>Take a look at the thread Corels NG's on this group.

>Tom K

>> Is anyone else having trouble with the Corel site?  Starting some time
>> yesterday, when I try to retrieve messages from there, I get "Error
>> reported by Server:  480 User and Password still required.  authinfo
>> command."  I haven't changed anything (as far as I know), so something
>> must have happened at the Corel end.

>> Bill McCray
>> Lexington, KY

Corel Site

Post by Over-fed, Long-Haired, Leaping Gnom » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:41:04

My peronal thought on the servers going down 18 months ago is that they got
hit by the Nimba virus. Note that this is just my personal opinion and it
has not been substantiated in any way by anyone...