Paradox engine for Dos and SQL link

Post by tob.. » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:13:05

I have a third party product that was compiled in Borland C++ using the
Paradox engine (Capable of reading Pdox 3.5 and 4.0 tables) circa
1994.  I am interested in using Borland SQL Link ver. 1.0 with this
program.  Is it likely to work?  Does it use ANSI SQL and therefore
allow access to any ANSI SQL compliant database, or does it require a
specific SQL server i.e. DB2?  Any info on potential capablities and
limitations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Jackson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:35:15

> I am interested in using Borland SQL Link ver. 1.0 with this program.

the SQL Link add-ons that come with Paradox itself have different version
options.. DB2, Sybase, Interbase, MS SQL Server, etc.. if you are referring
to a generic SQL product that was made for the old Engine, I'll have to
assume that it had similar options..

--

Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

Paradox engine for Dos and SQL link

Post by Ken J. Wrigh » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:55:18

Quote:> I have a third party product that was compiled in Borland C++ using the
> Paradox engine (Capable of reading Pdox 3.5 and 4.0 tables) circa
> 1994.  I am interested in using Borland SQL Link ver. 1.0 with this
> program.  Is it likely to work?  Does it use ANSI SQL and therefore

The SQL link product  was an add-on for native Paradox/Dos. The Paradox
Engine simply provides an API to access Paradox tables via 16 bit programs
written in c or pascal, with no sql capabilities.

Ken

1. PARADOX ENGINE in DOS and PARADOX database

RE: BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE + DFX

We have used BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE Version 3.01, to create an application
about 3 years ago. Our customers have been happy using these for a long
time.
Only recently  one of customer wanted to access the Database files, using
your
standard PARADOX Database to access the Database which is created using
the ENGINE. Although we have not tried this ourselves we, assumed it
should be O.K and quite straight forward to do.

When the customer attempted to open the Files using The PARADOX database
it Prompts for a Password to access the database files.
As we did not use any Password or any password functions when creating the
database files, we are not sure why is it is asking for a password.

We need anyone's expert advice on what has caused this database to prompt
for
a Password, and how do we get round this as our customer has lot of this
files
created over last 2 years.

Please note when we attempted this using the Microsoft Queries (MS ODBC)
using the Paradox Driver and we could not access it either as it prompted
for a password.

Please HELP !!!!

2. NEEDING: VB30, Crystal-Reports-Workshop

3. Paradox Engine for Paradox 4.x DOS

4. Is there a benefit for running fibers mode on a SQL Server (cluster)

5. SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

6. Select into or create <table> as & LONG datatypes - what to do?

7. Paradox DOS & SQL Link

8. Strategy for Paged Select Query

9. paradox dos sql link

10. WANT TO BUY: SQL Links for Paradox 4.5 DOS

11. PC/NFS TCP/IP driver for SQL link for Paradox for DOS

12. Paradox Engine 3.5 for DOS help needed!

13. Paradox Database Engine For DOS