PDOX$%_DOS & WIN 95 PROBLEM

Post by Maria Michalows » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to run software (Paradox 4.5 for DOS) under Windows 95 , and
i'm getting a message:
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated.

In details>>

The program tried to execute an invalid instruction.

Any Ideas?

I'm using some DOS commands from Paradox. I'm not realy sure what is going
on???

Maria

PDOX$%_DOS & WIN 95 PROBLEM

Post by Steve Gree » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Unfortunately, you haven't given enough info for anybody
to help.. you have some sort of memory conflict.. can you
give more details and configuration info?

--
Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf, MD, USA
71543,2577 Compuserve - TBMG62A Prodigy - I am a member

PDOX$%_DOS & WIN 95 PROBLEM

Post by Jason Koll » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Unfortunately, you haven't given enough info for anybody
>to help.. you have some sort of memory conflict.. can you
>give more details and configuration info?
>--
>Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf, MD, USA
>71543,2577 Compuserve - TBMG62A Prodigy - I am a member
>of the TeamB Tech Support staff for ParadoxDOS but I do
>not represent Borland Int'l in any official capacity

The problem does not seem to be with amount of free memory . I have
managed to free up more then enough hi mem for it to work but as soon
as you shell out back to dos for the second time,, while something is
on the workspace- if nothing on the workspace you can shell out as
many times aas you like, it blows up with the illegal fuction.  i'm
still workin at it.  Borland www site aint got shit on it. Looks like
they just about gave up on old dos stuff.

lovecow

PDOX$%_DOS & WIN 95 PROBLEM

Post by Steve Gree » Sun, 10 Sep 1995 04:00:00

The Borland Web site is for informational purposes only..
and this newsgroup is not directly supported by Borland
either.. official support is on CompuServe..

--
Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf, MD, USA
71543,2577 Compuserve - TBMG62A Prodigy - I am a member
of the TeamB Tech Support staff for ParadoxDOS but I do
not represent Borland Int'l in any official capacity

1. pdox 4.5 (dos) & Win 95 problem

I've recently loaded Win95 onto my machine at work and have been
receiving an error message whenever I try to query a table, I can view
the tables okay, just can't query them.

The error being returned is "Resource Limit Exceeded - file creat
(I112)".  I'm running a Pentium 90 with 16 meg ram and using a network
drive for storage.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks!

2. Link SQL server table to Access using ADO

3. Pdox 4.0 dos & Win 95

4. Timing out connections?

5. pdox 4 dos under win 95

6. TRIGGERS FOR UPDATE

7. Win 95 And PDOX 4.5 For DOS

8. SQLMail

9. GP Error under Win 95 running Pdox 4.5 for dos

10. PDox DOS Disk Full errors in Win 95

11. Pdox 4.0 dos & windows 95

12. PDOX-DOS 4.5 & Windows 95

13. Pdox 4.0 & Win 95