Table in use

Post by Reinhard Kronberge » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:15:35

Sometimes when the application (delphi) gets an error it is not
possible to open the table again.
We get a message like (i don't know the exact english translation)
'Table disabled,locked'

In this case i have to restart the PC to unlock the paradoxtable.

Is there any other way to unlock the table or is it possible to set a
tablepropertie.

thanks Kronos

Table in use

Post by remove NOSPAM to repl » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:40:22

When you've closed the Delphi app then search the fixed drive for *.lck
files and delete them

HTH

Quote:> Sometimes when the application (delphi) gets an error it is not
> possible to open the table again.
> We get a message like (i don't know the exact english translation)
> 'Table disabled,locked'

> In this case i have to restart the PC to unlock the paradoxtable.

> Is there any other way to unlock the table or is it possible to set a
> tablepropertie.

> thanks Kronos

Table in use

Post by Tony McGuir » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:42:41

Well, more importantly is to find the root of the application error(s) and
fix it (them).

Then you won't get the lockups in the first place.  <g>

Tony

"I woke up and was able to get myself out of bed.
Being that fortunate, what's to complain about?"
_____________

1. Using table while used by PDOXWIN 1.0

Yes, I'm using PDOXWIN 1.0.  It's enough for me :)

I use a DOS program that uses the data of a DBASE file.  With my PDOX, I use
a form to enter the data in the DBASE file.  But I'm getting tired of closing
my form each time I want run the DOS program (which of course tells me that the
current DBASE file is in use, blah, blah, blah).  Any way to share the same
file in these circunstances.

Marc.

Marc St-Jacques                "Allons, bon!  Qu'est-ce qu'il me veut encore!!!
                                C'est pas dans ces conditions que j'arriverai
                                a passer ma these."

2. Server: Msg 4321, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

3. How to Return Multiple Tables/Recordsets Using Temporary Table

4. bcp output

5. Disk space a table/tables are using.

6. Browse/Record Pointer Problem

7. Cannot open a table because table name uses accent letter

8. DTS permissions

9. FoxPro 2.x Free Tables/Not using Index on Tables

10. Linking to an SQL Server 2000 table that uses bigint with Access 2000

11. enumerate tables, columns using T-SQL ???

12. SQL Command to determine table last used date

13. how to change pivot table field using VBA