PDOXWIN and mailing labels

Post by Frank Dickins » Sun, 08 May 1994 13:29:06

You didn't give any details of what you've tried, but I've found that
The runtime Fit Height propery will probably do the job.

I would imagine though that you would have to layout the page with
the name field pinned vertical at each valid lable position
and then place the remaining fields below it.  On each field below name
make them FIT HEIGHT.  I've found that if you don't align the fields
so that the bottom boundary of the top one and the top boundary of the one
below it aren't touching then the inter field spacing tends to get out
of wack because its not subtracting any space between the fields.

If this helps at all let me know.  You can email me if you need anymore
specific info.

Sincerely,

PDOXWIN and mailing labels

Post by Tod Pi » Sat, 07 May 1994 01:20:34

I'm trying to do something fairly simple (or at least, it *should* be simple):
print out mailing labels from my database. The report format looks like:

        NAME
        ADDRESS 1
        ADDRESS 2
        CITY    STATE   ZIP

(where address 2 can be blank). I've followed the instructions in the manual,
diddled with the various field settings, but still get the same result: I
can't keep the spacing between the labels correct. The fields get compressed
down and the second label starts in the inter-label spacing. What I'd like to
do is have the size of the printed record be fixed (to fit exactly in the
label) but have the individual fields float (so that the last line can move
up under the ADDRESS 1 field if ADDRESS 2 is blank).

Anyone have an idea of what I can do to accomplish this feat? I've probably
just missed something obvious that will be pointed out in a minute.....

                Thanks,
                        Tod Pike

          Software Engineering Institute    Phone: (412) 268-6814
          Pittsburgh, PA. 15213-3980

PDOXWIN and mailing labels

Post by Tarik Ghbei » Sat, 07 May 1994 12:12:44

[...]

Use an MRO (multi-record object) and turn off the size to fit properties.
Then you can place your fields in a text object and allow them to float
inside the record.  Use the ruler to size your records to the appropriate
dimensions.

Tarik

1. PDOXWIN and mailing labels

[munch]

download the lbuilder.zip file from ftp.borland.com for a full interactive
label building program.

Aad.
----
Aad Nales, the Frodo Project        /  \      / \    / \

                                /         /         \      \
Rotterdam is niet te filmen     \    E    \     U   /   R  /
De beelden wisselden te snel      \     /   \     /\     /
Rotterdam heeft geen verleden       | |       | |    | |
en geen enkel trapgevel             | |       | |    | |
                                 Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
ROTOWN MAGIC, Jules Deelder      LIVE AT 'Het Blaakse Bos'

2. US-MN Financial Applications Developer/client/server/datawharehousing/lead role

3. PdoxWin-Empty fields in mailing labels.

4. Oracle Portal Question

5. Mailing Label (One Record, Many Labels)

6. crap files _qsq.db

7. Paradox 4.5 and Mail Merges and Mailing Labels

8. Bug in 7.0 Maintenance Wizard?

9. labels labels labels

10. Mailing Labels

11. Mailing label

12. DataReport and mailing label list

13. Print Mailing Labels using Data Report