Unexpected Condition

Post by N! Xa » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:38:47

Hello everybody,

I have a paradox application that works good when I launch it from a windows
shortcut. Looking into shortcut properties\program I see
cmd line: C:\PDOX40\PARADOX.EXE s p menu_it
Working: C:\pdox40

When I try to run it from a Dos batch file, or even from Start/Run I get:

Unexpected condition: GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:12d7

OS is windows 95.
Can anybody help me?

Thank you

N! Xau

Unexpected Condition

Post by RPrenPho » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:53:36

Look at the memory settings on the properly working short cut icon (Right click
| properties | memory)

Try using those same settings for the BAT and/or Startup icons.

That is one way. There is also a command line switch that works but someone
else will need to supply the information on that.

Randy

Quote:>Looking into shortcut properties\program I see

Post by Steven Gree » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:16:19

> Unexpected condition: GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:12d7

download switches.zip from my web site.. complete details there..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Unexpected Condition

Post by N! Xa » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:54:34

Quote:

> Look at the memory settings on the properly working short cut icon (Right
click
> | properties | memory)

Conventional memory: Total: Auto, Initial Environement: 4096
EMS memory: 9216
XMS memory: 9216
Uses HMA is checked
DPMI memory: 9216

I've no idea how to set it in a batch file.

thanks
N! Xau

Unexpected Condition

Post by N! Xa » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:56:39

> > Unexpected condition: GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:12d7

> download switches.zip from my web site.. complete details there..

thank you Steve, I downloaded your file, can you point me in the right
direction?
These are program/memory properties:

Conventional memory: Total: Auto, Initial Environement: 4096
EMS memory: 9216
XMS memory: 9216
Uses HMA is checked
DPMI memory: 9216

thank you
N! Xau

Unexpected Condition

Post by Dave Porte » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:13:18

make a batch file in you c:\pdox40 folder with at least this line in it

PARADOX -extk 12000 -emk 0 -bios -share menu_it

Then go to your desktop, right click pick new shortcut and make a short cut
to this batch file.
Don't change any of the properties of the shortcut except close on exit and
don't allow screen saver.

If your machine only has 16mb of memory you might change the 12000 in the
line above to 8000

Dave

Unexpected Condition

Post by Steven Gree » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:40:16

> thank you Steve, I downloaded your file, can you point me in the right
> direction?

easy.. use the example command line.. your UC problem was that you weren't
using the -extk switch..

Quote:> These are program/memory properties:

and don't touch any of this stuff..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Unexpected Condition

Post by N! Xa » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:11:59

Quote:> make a batch file in you c:\pdox40 folder with at least this line in it

> PARADOX -extk 12000 -emk 0 -bios -share menu_it

> Then go to your desktop, right click pick new shortcut and make a short
cut
> to this batch file.
> Don't change any of the properties of the shortcut except close on exit
and
> don't allow screen saver.

> If your machine only has 16mb of memory you might change the 12000 in the
> line above to 8000

> Dave

thanks
N! Xau

Unexpected Condition

Post by N! Xa » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:12:14

> > thank you Steve, I downloaded your file, can you point me in the right
> > direction?

> easy.. use the example command line.. your UC problem was that you weren't
> using the -extk switch..

thanks
N! Xau

Unexpected Condition

Post by Sundial Service » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:40:13

This is caused in Paradox for DOS when there is more than 16 megabytes
of RAM.  (Believe it or not, that was "unthinkably big.")

The "-extk 12000" command-line option should suppress the problem.

> Hello everybody,

> I have a paradox application that works good when I launch it from a windows
> shortcut. Looking into shortcut properties\program I see
> cmd line: C:\PDOX40\PARADOX.EXE s p menu_it
> Working: C:\pdox40

> When I try to run it from a Dos batch file, or even from Start/Run I get:

> Unexpected condition: GP 0000 AT PARADOX:28:12d7

> OS is windows 95.
> Can anybody help me?

> Thank you

> N! Xau

1. Paradox 4.0 Error: Unexpected condition: GP 0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7

Hi!

I have a paradox 4.0 database runnig on a Intel 486 DX 33 MHz mashine, with
DOS 6.2 it haved run well but now its time for upgrade. Haved taked a
complete copy of the harddisk - placed it on a bigger mashine:

PII 350 Mhz maskine with same DOS version 6.2 of course, and the disk is
FAT16 formatted - The computer start without any problem, but when Paradox
is started I see the start menu - then the error: Unexpected condition: GP
0000 at PARADOX:28:12d7 - and then I am back in DOS again - and i am not
trying to load the database file, only run the paradox.exe file

I think is it because of the new CPU: PII there is problem, and if - where
can I find a fix for it - have someone seen it before?

Best, Regards Roy

2. searching for bad data

3. Paradox 3.5 (DOS) Unexpected Condition Error

4. Informix Enterprise Command Center(IECC) -- Server discovery failed error

5. Unexpected Condition ?!?

6. INITIALIZE 250 variable limit

7. unexpected condition 449

8. Interbase Blob Felder

9. Unexpected Condition 628 ??

10. Unexpected Condition in Paradox for DOS.

11. Unexpected condition 752 problem

12. Help - Unexpected Condition Pdx 4 (Dos)

13. 4.0 for Dos - Unexpected condition ... Leaving Paradox