DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

Post by Richard Threa » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to convert a DOS pdox 3.5 application
to windows 4.5/5/or 7. It is primarily script and
tables update. I do not know DOS Pdox but have
worked with the windows side.
Does anyone know where I can get freeware/shareware
to do the conversion.

I would also like to find download location for
pdox samples/utilites etc.

Thanks for the help
Richard

DOS PDOX 3.5 conversion to PDOX WINDOWS, Need conversion Utilites

Post by Raymond M. Summerlin S » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

From what I know about the subject, the only thing that can be converted is
the reports and forms. I got the utility OBJCONVT.ZIP from the Borland BBS
quite awhile ago. As I said, it only works for reports and forms. It does an
acceptable job.

The scripts are another matter. PAL and ObjectPal are very different and I
have not heard of anything that will convert your scrips. From what I
understand you will have to rewrite any existing code.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you, maybe someone else knows of something
I have not heard of. If you would like the OBJCONVT.ZIP file, e-mail me and I
will send it to you.

-Ray-

>I am trying to convert a DOS pdox 3.5 application
>to windows 4.5/5/or 7. It is primarily script and
>tables update. I do not know DOS Pdox but have
>worked with the windows side.
>Does anyone know where I can get freeware/shareware
>to do the conversion.

>I would also like to find download location for
>pdox samples/utilites etc.

>Thanks for the help
>Richard

______________________________________

www.nauticom.net/www/rsummerl

The.Question = (ToBe || NOT ToBe) ;
______________________________________

Post by Richard Threa » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> From what I know about the subject, the only thing that can be converted is
> the reports and forms. I got the utility OBJCONVT.ZIP from the Borland BBS
> quite awhile ago. As I said, it only works for reports and forms. It does an
> acceptable job.

> The scripts are another matter. PAL and ObjectPal are very different and I
> have not heard of anything that will convert your scrips. From what I
> understand you will have to rewrite any existing code.

> Sorry I didn't have better news for you, maybe someone else knows of something
> I have not heard of. If you would like the OBJCONVT.ZIP file, e-mail me and I
> will send it to you.

> -Ray-

> >I am trying to convert a DOS pdox 3.5 application
> >to windows 4.5/5/or 7. It is primarily script and
> >tables update. I do not know DOS Pdox but have
> >worked with the windows side.
> >Does anyone know where I can get freeware/shareware
> >to do the conversion.

> >I would also like to find download location for
> >pdox samples/utilites etc.

> >Thanks for the help
> >Richard

> ______________________________________

> www.nauticom.net/www/rsummerl

> The.Question = (ToBe || NOT ToBe) ;
> ______________________________________Ray

  Thanks for the quick response. That is what
I was afraid of, I thought I remembered it the
same way but it has been a few years since it
came up. And please mail the zip.

Thank You..........

1. Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
versions 4.02 and 4.5. Considering that my overall goal is to keep my
applications as intact as possible (over 10,000 lines), what should I use? I
hear that 4.5 is *too* different ... requiring major rewrites of applications.
Is 4.02 *perfectly* compatible with 3.5 (OK, *reasonably* compatible!)? Any
reasons to stay with 3.5 versus 4.02? My applications run on Windows 95/98
machines but many of the tables reside on an NT network.

Any input would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark Lyons

2. Problem with SP...??

3. Migration from Pdox 3.5 to Pdox 4.5 under Windows

4. SQLException on opening database (JDBC)

5. Converting from Pdox 3.5 for DOS to Windows

6. Cannot execute VB Script in MS SQL Server Agent

7. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

8. ##### TECHNICAL JOBS WEB SITE #####

9. PDOX 4.0 for DOS and PDOX for Windows

10. PDOX DOS .SC -> PDOX 4.5 WINDOWS

11. Pdox 5.0 and Pdox 3.5

12. PDOX DOS programmer needs help understanding PDOX 7