Help Dos Pdox 4.02 Application Workshop

Post by Linda Tse » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

  I have an application developed using the Application Workshop. Today
when we start the Paradox and load the application(myscript.sc), we
got a message "Application not found". The system have been working for the
last several years and I never encouter this message. Does anyone
knows which particular file that Paradox need to access to load the menu
developed in the application workshop?
 In directory where all our script,tables etc reside
we also have a subdirectory called CFG and Workshop. I checked all the
neccessary files and it seems all is required files is there. I have a backup
of all the files, table, script and all the required files.
 The application is access by several users using Win 3.1 and recently
Window 95.
  Would appreciate any help from someone who had encounter this problem.

Thanks.

Help Dos Pdox 4.02 Application Workshop

Post by Steven Gree » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Linda: it's very difficult for you to any realistic help for the
App Workshop.. developers don't use it, and the author isn't
available anymore.. sounds like you've got a path/mapping
problem, but that's all that I can offer..

--
Steve Green
Diamond Software Group, Inc.

1. Pdox 3.5 vs.Pdox 4.02 vs. Pdox 4.5

I am about ready to convert my Pdox 3.5 applications to a more stable DOS
version 4.xx version. I have seen various discussion on the differences between
versions 4.02 and 4.5. Considering that my overall goal is to keep my
applications as intact as possible (over 10,000 lines), what should I use? I
hear that 4.5 is *too* different ... requiring major rewrites of applications.
Is 4.02 *perfectly* compatible with 3.5 (OK, *reasonably* compatible!)? Any
reasons to stay with 3.5 versus 4.02? My applications run on Windows 95/98
machines but many of the tables reside on an NT network.

Any input would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Mark Lyons

2. SQL select query

3. Pdox DOS 4.02 and Win XP

4. Triggers - How do I ...

5. TKMenu substitute for PDOX DOS 4.02?

6. Table in use

7. PDOX DOS 4.02 Print File question

8. Connecting JDeveloper to tutorial.

9. Pdox 4.02 DOS - File Locking Problem - Steve Green

10. LABELS PDOX 4.02 DOS

11. HELP: Paradox 4.02 DOS app WON'T work under Win95 version B computer

12. Help: Application Workshop for PDOX40 (DOS)

13. Importing Text Files into Pdox 4.02 Tables