QUERY'S WON'T RUNN

Post by RBors » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

After developing and copying a Paradox application off of Server1 and
installing it on Server2, I can open tables, forms, etc. on Server2 BUT Server2
will not run any of the queries. Although the paths for the Work & Private
directorys are different for Server1 & Server2, I have (I think) appropriately
set the BDE Net files and PRIV paths on both servers to their own paths, and
have set the Local Share to True. I have run out of ideas as to what is going
on (and very much need help as the same problem occurs with Server3, Server4,
etc.). The only other "clue" which I can offer (although I don't think this is
the problem) is that in the initial ObjectPal code which runs the application,
I create a table which is linked to the queries. Thanks in advance for any help
you can offer).
Email: RBorst1

QUERY'S WON'T RUNN

Post by Reinhardt.Ke » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>After developing and copying a Paradox application off of Server1 and
>installing it on Server2, I can open tables, forms, etc. on Server2 BUT Server2
>will not run any of the queries. Although the paths for the Work & Private
>directorys are different for Server1 & Server2, I have (I think) appropriately
>set the BDE Net files and PRIV paths on both servers to their own paths, and
>have set the Local Share to True. I have run out of ideas as to what is going
>on (and very much need help as the same problem occurs with Server3, Server4,
>etc.). The only other "clue" which I can offer (although I don't think this is
>the problem) is that in the initial ObjectPal code which runs the application,
>I create a table which is linked to the queries. Thanks in advance for any help
>you can offer).
>Email: RBorst1

Hi RBorst1,
first: you did not leave your name :(
2nd: open your QBE-Files with NOTEPAD. Is there a path within the
table names like "K:\APPS\PDOX\DATA\TABLE.DB" ?
If yes: replace this by ":work:table.db" or ":alias:table.db"
In the future your queries will work directory independent.

Reinhardt

1. Do's and Don'ts of UpdateBatch and Disconnected Recordsets

Have there been any FAQ's put together that tells about the Do's and Don'ts
of using BatchUpdate and Disconnected recordsets...

Broken down by various DBMS's...

Access
Oracle(Various versions)
Sybase(Various versions)
SQL Server 6.5 (With Various Service Packs)

In and Out of Microsoft Transaction Server

Later

--
Keith Franklin, MCSD
Senior Solution Developer Architect

Empowered Software Solutions
Microsoft Certified Solution Provider
www.empowered.com
630-579-4962

2. result set is always empty

3. Where can i get more infomations about sql security?

4. multiple pages (do's and don'ts) PDOXWIN45

5. Common dialog boxes

6. Do's and Don'ts of UpdateBatch and Disconnected Recordsets

7. ADB-94, International Conference on Applications of Databases

8. Help needed with AQL 'ss'

9. Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

10. { ts 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss[.fff] '} and CONVERT(data_type[(length)], expression [, style]), and batches of DELETE statements

11. Was 'DDL won't work'