Report in dos 4.5

Post by Tom Tripicchi » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:03:42

I am using Paradox 4.5 for DOS.

When sorting by month in a report how do I get the sorting month to come up
on the report? Right now it brings up a detail list for all the items for
that month.

Now

Inv #        Inv date        Amount
1234     2/1                   10
2123    2/5                        5
5454    2/8                        20
                total   35

1111    3/1                    30
2222    3/2                     10
3333    3/3                     20
                    total 60.00

would like

Feb 2002
    total 35.00

March 2002
    total 60.00

If I do not have the inv dates then currently I do not know what month the
information is for.

Thanks, Tom

Report in dos 4.5

Post by Steven Gree » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:42:07

> When sorting by month in a report how do I get the sorting month to come up
> on the report? Right now it brings up a detail list for all the items for
> that month.

first off, if you just want the totals, not the detail, yank the lines in the
tableband, and just use the sub-total stuff..

Quote:> If I do not have the inv dates then currently I do not know what month the
> information is for.

place [date] in the subtotal and pick format 4 or 6.. or use a calc field with
the subtotals.. format("d4" or "d6") will work, with 2 digit year.. or use a
calc field and parse a date the way you want it..

--

Steve Green - Diamond Software Group, Inc - Waldorf Maryland USA
Corel CTech Paradox - http://www.diamondsg.com - Support/Downloads/Links

Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

Report in dos 4.5

Steve thanks for the help. Boy was that easy.

-------

> Do you need a Sanity Check? http://www.diamondsg.com/sanity.htm
> Upgrade/Downgrade versions? http://www.diamondsg.com/upgrade.htm

1. calculated field using record num in report problem with 4.5 dos

I need to create a calculated field in a report that maps record 1 to 120, 2
to 130, 4 to 140 and so on.  When I try use the record number [#], Paradox
will not accept it and gives me an error message.  The calc'd field should
have looked like this "10*[#]+110" to perform as wished.  It is just the
reference to the record number that is hosing me up.  Any ideas?

2. Moving the log file

3. Crystal Reports and Pdox 4.5 Dos

4. FONT HELP PLEASE

5. Reports for Paradox 4.5 Dos

6. select in a view

7. embeded ascii text in pdox dos 4.5 report

8. xpath query against UDF with UDF parameters

9. Paradox Dos 4.5 & Printing Reports

10. Report Generator Paradox for DOS 4.5 databases

11. PDox 4.5 (DOS): Help Append Report To Same File

12. Help Pdox DOS 4.5 Store Report in Files

13. PDOX 4.5 DOS: Report Orphans and Widows.