1. PARADOX 4.5 & NOVELL 3.11
We are using paradox 4.5 or windows on our novell network. My entire
department uses NCR 3300 (486-50) with 8 - 24 megs of ram. We have
been experiencing many problems with paradox -- mainly GPF's of many
It has been difficult to diagnose the problems as being paradox or
novell, but we are not having any conflicts with our other network
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems similiar
to the following:
1. Upon attempting to run a form, and you get an "form not in run mode"
error. The only remedy I have found to this is to copy all objects
onto a clean form -- then it runs just fine. What is up with this??
2. This one just happened this morning. A form that was running just
fine all last week did not run (on any machine) and gave a GPF which
of course crashed the machine. I attempted to open the FSL version
and run it, but it did not run either. I again, copied all objects
to a newform, and presto it ran! But, immediately after I did that,
the old version ran just fine on all machines. Is there a ghost in
3. A form, sometimes, may give a GPF anywhere from 2 to 8 times in a
row, then on the next run, it will work just fine.
I know these things sound strange, but we are at our wits end. We have
reinstalled paradox on the network, ran numberous diagnostics on the
memory configurations of our machines. I have personally experiemented
with over 20 different configurations. Our own IT & S department is
grasping at straws. Just last week they went around installing ground
wires from the keyboard trays to the desk frames... that is how
desparate they are for a solution....
here is my current machine configuration:
NCR 3300 8 megs of ram
ATI Ultra Pro (Mach 32)
(I'll just list the important things)
DEVICE=EMM386.EXE NOEMS X=B000-C7FF X=CC00-CFFF
I have just received vesion 5.0!! I will use this on a standalone basis
until our licensing arrangements are finalized for a network intall. If
anyone has any suggestions or ideas about these problems, please email
Thank you for your help!
2. Unexpected CPU usage on client side
3. left join between 2 select
4. Problems- PdoxDOS 4.5, WFWG 3.11, Novell 4.1
5. US-NC, GA-Oracle DBA-Aide Inc.
6. PDOX 4.5 Running on a LAN (Novell 3.11) and Accessed Out of Windows 95
8. pdx 4.5 win 3.1 - 3.11 on novell 3.12
9. PDOXDOS 4.5 on Novell 3.11 under Windows for Wkgrps
10. PCOXWIN 4.5 and WfW 3.11 in a Novell net
11. Pdox 4.5 and WfW 3.11 in a Novell net
12. PDOX 4.5 for Win, Netware 3.11, WfWG 3.11