Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 8 Conversion

Post by Jeremiah J. Montague, Jr » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any tool which will allow you to convert Paradox
3.0-3.5 to Paradox 8. Am particularly concerned about conversion of
scripts and reports. Must is just take the time to recreate the entire
thing??

Any help would be appreciated.

Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 8 Conversion

Post by Ken » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know of any tool which will allow you to convert Paradox
>3.0-3.5 to Paradox 8. Am particularly concerned about conversion of
>scripts and reports. Must I just take the time to recreate the entire
>thing??

>Any help would be appreciated.

All your tables and their inter-relationships can be preserved.  None
of your scripts, libraries, forms, or reports is convertable however.
Actually once you get used to Paradox for Windows, it's not such a bad
thing.  Your basic business rules will be the same, but the
architecture of your presentation will be entirely different.

After many false starts, I finally made significant progress by
building a few basic forms and seeing what could be done with
interactive (native) paradox.  As needs presented themselves I built
in OPAL code for slicker functions.

What was told to me early in the game, keeps coming back as being very
true.  What was hard in 3 or 4 is easy in PDOXWin.  What was easy in 3
or 4 is hard in PDOXWin.

Ken

Post by Steve Gree » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know of any tool which will allow you to convert Paradox
> 3.0-3.5 to Paradox 8.

It's called a "programmer".. unfortunately, there is no direct path to
pdoxwin.. the only thing they have in common is the tables themselves..
forms, reports, and code are no-go.. total re-write..

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

1. Conversion Paradox 3.5 DOS to Paradox 4.5 Windows

Actually, Borland's object converters for Paradox *5.0* do indeed
offer a script converter in addition to a form and report converter.
You'd have to use Paradox 5.0 to run them, though.  The conversion of
scripts is only partial, but anything which cannot be converted to
live code is at least moved to the PdoxWin script as commented code so
that you can look at it and convert the rest of it yourself.

Tim

2. 8.1.5i: hints causes a internal error

3. Paradox SE, Paradox 3/3.5 Paradox Engine

4. SQLException: "No suitable driver"

5. Paradox 3.5 date conversion

6. FTP In and then use DTS to import the data.

7. Paradox 3.5 - Access conversion

8. Using DSO code to add dataslice information

9. CSA SilverRUN 2.1 <-> Paradox 3.5 Conversion

10. Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 5.0 for Windows

11. Paradox 3.5 --> Paradox 9

12. Paradox 3.5 to Paradox 8/9

13. Problem with Paradox 3.5 application converted to Paradox 4 (Dos)