Why does my IDAPI config keep changing??

Why does my IDAPI config keep changing??

Post by ja.. » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Hope soemone can offer me a bit of help here.

We're running a nice little WFWG network of 5 or so machines, all
running PDOX v5.0.

Our main database sits on my machine, and my machine looks for the
pdoxusrs.net file on my C: drive.

All the other machines look for the same file on their D: (networked)
drive.

All was fine until recently.

Now, for some unusual reason, when we fire up in the morning, my machine
looks for the .net file on the D: drive, and one of the other machines
on the network tries to find it on C:!!!

I have changed and saved the config file on both machines I dont know how
many times and yet *still* the same problem.

Its driving me mad. Can anyone help??

cheers,

James Roskell

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: We're running a nice little WFWG network of 5 or so machines, all
: running PDOX v5.0.

: Our main database sits on my machine, and my machine looks for the
: pdoxusrs.net file on my C: drive.

Bad idea. ALL setups should refer to the *.net file at the SAME drive and
path.

: All the other machines look for the same file on their D: (networked)
: drive.

: All was fine until recently.

: Now, for some unusual reason, when we fire up in the morning, my machine
: looks for the .net file on the D: drive, and one of the other machines
: on the network tries to find it on C:!!!

That's why... ALL computers using the *.net file should have same path.
If you don't, I'm surprised that your got the thing to work at all.

Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)             | Paradox for Windows Programmer

URL> http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang | X-COM Guru   General PC expert
--------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)

Why does my IDAPI config keep changing??

Post by Adolph » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I read a response of yours about IDAPI.
Can you tell me how to intepret the following excerpt from pg 61 of the
book "Paradox 5 power programming secrets" by Salcedo & Rudy...

"Note: you need to create an initial IDAPI file
(cfg,forms,libs,qbe,rpts,scrp) and copy this file into each CFG alias as
you set up each new prototype."

They want me to setup a separate windows icon for each new application
with its own different working directory..illustrations are for win3.1 but
I'm trying to use Win95.

I have tried to contact the authors via the publishers but no answers so
far..

Thanks......Adolph......Wichita, Kansas

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. Cleaning up this newsgroup

3. IDAPI config at runtime

4. Urgent - Deadlocks

5. IDAPI Config Problem

6. A Special Offer!

7. Need IDAPI config help

8. What is NULL for strings expressions?

9. IDAPI Config with Paradox 5 & WFW311

10. pgsql/config config.guess config.sub

11. Help with config.fx, config.fp, config.fpw files

12. SQL 6.5 Config Error-Should be easy for those that know what they are doing

13. Need to keep table from auto-sorting till done w/ form