MS Access can't read Paradox file

Post by Stephen Sherma » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have received a Paradox (version unknown) file that I need to link or
import into my MS Access (Office 95 version).  It's a good Paradox file,
as I can SEE it from my Lotus cc:Mail preview feature.

Does anyone have any tips?

Or does anyone have a download-able utiliry that converts a Paradox
table to some other format (.txt, .dbf. or even MS Access format)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen Sherman

MS Access can't read Paradox file

Post by Edwin Hattenschwile » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Stephen,

MS Access at least from version 2.0 upwards can read/process Pdox
tables.
In the MSACC20.INI file (or registry item for Acces95?) you might have
to edit the default "Installable ISAM" setting for Pdox table-style
(3.x, 4.x)
Encrypted Pdox tables cannot be directly processed with Access; you'd
have to decrypt the tables first.

- Edwin H?ttenschwiler
  EBH Management Consulting AG, Zrich/Switzerland

MS Access can't read Paradox file

Post by Kasey Chang (fix address before replying to m » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:25:09 -0400, Stephen Sherman

>I have received a Paradox (version unknown) file that I need to link or
>import into my MS Access (Office 95 version).  It's a good Paradox file,
>as I can SEE it from my Lotus cc:Mail preview feature.

If you have installed the optional ISAM/ODBC drivers, you should be
able to see the table, PROVIDED that it is a version compatible with
your driver. If it compalins about invalid password, it's probably the
wrong version.

PDOXWIN, Star Trek, Computer Games, Science Fiction, Writing, && more
Commercial use of this e-mail address implies your consent to pay me
amounts of up to US$100.00 per e-mail message from you received by me.

MS Access can't read Paradox file

Post by WBA » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

There is a utility in the valupack directory on the office cd that will
give you the ability to convert paradox files into access.  It is is the
database converters option

> I have received a Paradox (version unknown) file that I need to link or
> import into my MS Access (Office 95 version).  It's a good Paradox file,
> as I can SEE it from my Lotus cc:Mail preview feature.

> Does anyone have any tips?

> Or does anyone have a download-able utiliry that converts a Paradox
> table to some other format (.txt, .dbf. or even MS Access format)?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Stephen Sherman

MS Access can't read Paradox file

Post by Brent Pop » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

You could just export the table to a .txt file, then import into Access.

>I have received a Paradox (version unknown) file that I need to link or
>import into my MS Access (Office 95 version).  It's a good Paradox file,
>as I can SEE it from my Lotus cc:Mail preview feature.

>Does anyone have any tips?

>Or does anyone have a download-able utiliry that converts a Paradox
>table to some other format (.txt, .dbf. or even MS Access format)?

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks,

>Stephen Sherman

1. Reading Paradox files from MS Access

I give up. I can't persuade MS Access to read my Paradox table.

It keeps insisting that it can't get my User name or Net file. I'm not
on a network, ODAPI doesn't have a reference to one.

Has anbody managed to make this convertion work on a single user PC
running both Access & Paradox 4.5

Tim Craig
Electronic Design Laboratory. Bristol (UK)

2. VB JOB OPPORTUNITY - ROSEMONT, IL - URGENT - REPLY BY FEB 12 1999

3. paradox.net (Can't read Paradox database inside of Access)

4. FP for Macintosh: Problem with double-clicking lists

6. Lunching Explore

7. Read Btrieve files from Access '97 or Excel '97

8. help needed with a SQL query

9. Problem reading paradox table in MS Access 97

10. Can't read information from MSysRelationships MS Access 97

11. Can I read Access files from Paradox?

12. Read MS-Access 2.0 files with VB 3.0