IDAPI in Win95 using Paradox 5..how do you change pathnames in IDAPI ?

IDAPI in Win95 using Paradox 5..how do you change pathnames in IDAPI ?

Post by Adolph » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to access some examples that came with the book "Paradox 5
power programming secrets"..
However I don't understand how to access a "ready to go IDAPI"..
it seems I am suppose to create an initial IDAPI file
(cfg,forms,libs,qbe,rpts,scrp) and copy this file into each CFG alias as I
set up each new prototype...?
I've tried to contact the authors..via the publisher...but no response
yet..

I'm trying to implement pg 61 in the book with WIN95 instead of Win
3.1..(oh well)
Thanks......Adolph...Wichita, Kansas

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. Is Access 1.1 Y2K complaint?

3. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

4. insert HTML source into LONG datatype column...

5. idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

6. OT - Cricket

7. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

8. What is the most efficiant way to write this query?

9. Using IDAPI with Paradox for Inserts...

10. Idapi maxbuffsize on PdoxWin 5.0 and win95/98

11. IDAPI vs ODAPI vs WIN95

12. Problem with IDAPI and Win95

13. Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?