BDE Question

Post by Nasir No » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I have a couple of questions about Borland Database Engine...

1. Is IDAPI the same thing as BDE? If not, where on the disk the BDE
files (i.e. DLL's etc) are?

2. Where can I get the API reference for the BDE? Does Borland provide
any help files--e.g. with DELHPI--?

Thanks much for your help!

--nasir

BDE Question

Post by Kuo-Sheng (Kas » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: I have a couple of questions about Borland Database Engine...

: 1. Is IDAPI the same thing as BDE? If not, where on the disk the BDE
: files (i.e. DLL's etc) are?

Note QUITE.  IDAPI is the BASIS of BDE.  Or to put it another way, BDE is
the "general purpose name" of IDAPI (though Borland seems to be using BDE
now instead of IDAPI).  It's like the different between Access, and its
"Jet" query engine.

: 2. Where can I get the API reference for the BDE? Does Borland provide
: any help files--e.g. with DELHPI--?

Why?  Delphi has all the data-aware components prewritten.

--
+==========================================================================+
| Kasey K. S. Chang (a guy)           Good Paradox for Windows Programmer  |

| http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~kschang    X-COM Guru   General PC expert       |
| Editor of XCOM and XCOM2 UN-official Strategy Guide -- FREE!  (See URL)  |
+==========================================================================+

BDE Question

Post by Mathew Gyokers Eli » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

        You get the API reference for the BDE by buying the BDE.

        I don't mean to be trite, but this is the only way. And
unless you really like low level access and programming for
databases, I wouldn't bother with it.

        Delphi'd probably be cheaper and faster if pdox isn't
any good for you.

--
Paradox for Windows Consultant. Member: Borland Paradox Technical Support
     http://sapphire.cse.ucsc.edu/mb/people/Spring.95/mathew.eliot

Borland supplied disclaimer: The services I provide via this message
and all consulting services I may provide are in no way associated with

BDE Question

Post by Dave DePott » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: BDE Question
>Date: 1 Jun 1995 11:04:07 GMT
>I have a couple of questions about Borland Database Engine...
>1. Is IDAPI the same thing as BDE? If not, where on the disk the BDE
>files (i.e. DLL's etc) are?
>2. Where can I get the API reference for the BDE? Does Borland provide
>any help files--e.g. with DELHPI--?
>Thanks much for your help!
>--nasir

If you can spare the time, Borland offers a white page on the BDE,
WWW.BORLAND.COM - I think it's under product info. Very informative.

1. BDE Question...

I think it just a simple question, can anyone tell me which library can
I find the function Check()?? I always see this function in the
examples. And can anyone tell me how to use the function
DbiOpenUserList? I want to know who had share the file in network!
Thanks!!!

Best Regards,
Chung

2. How to solve "ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Objects" problem?

3. Dumb BDE question

4. Generate Random SQL...

5. Simple BDE Question

6. VB4.0, AS400 -> Win95?????

7. BDE Question

8. HELP!! URGENT!!

9. BDE Question - Delphi Newbie

10. Version 7 and BDE Question

11. bde question

12. BDE question regarding date format...