paradox.net (Can't read Paradox database inside of Access)

paradox.net (Can't read Paradox database inside of Access)

Post by Mark Kronne » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to read some paradox db files inside of MS access
and keep receiving cannot find paradox.net. I looked on the PC
where I took the db files and cannot find such a file.

Can someone send me paradox.net or explain how I can read the
paradox database files within access?

paradox.net (Can't read Paradox database inside of Access)

Post by Michael Irwin [CTech » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

It sounds like you haven't got your ODBC driver set up correctly. In the
Advanced page (I think) of the configuration you'll find a setting for
Paradox net directory. If you have others using Paradox, set this to the
place that they're using for their net file.

Mike

--
Mike Irwin
[Volunteer CTech Sysop, not a Corel employee

Post by Erwin Seifriedsberg » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I am trying to read some paradox db files inside of MS access
>and keep receiving cannot find paradox.net. I looked on the PC
>where I took the db files and cannot find such a file.

>Can someone send me paradox.net or explain how I can read the
>paradox database files within access?

paradox.net is created automatically by paradox, if you are in a network.

I think in Access you have to configure the paradox.net-path in control
panel - ODBC - Paradox-Files (or so) - options - select network direktory

Greetings from Austria
Erwin Seifriedsberger