Paradox Database Engine For DOS

Post by Michael Welc » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have an application written in Turbo Pascal 7.0 that my customer wants
to add a simple database to.  The application serves as the user interface
so all I need is an engine with a Pascal API.  Unfortunately, my copy of
the Paradax Database Engine 2.0 only supports Turbo Pascal through version
6.0.

Was there a version of the DOS Paradox Database Engine that worked with
Turbo Pascal 7.0?  If so, are there any leads on acquiring a copy of the
engine?

Thanks for your help!

Mike Welch

Paradox Database Engine For DOS

Post by Steve Gree » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Mike: the last version of the DOS Pdox Engine was
version 3, not version 2..

--
Steve Green - Diamond Software Group - Waldorf Maryland USA
CompuServe 71333.2362 - Prodigy TBMG62A -  I am a member of

1. PARADOX ENGINE in DOS and PARADOX database

RE: BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE + DFX

We have used BORLAND PARADOX ENGINE Version 3.01, to create an application
about 3 years ago. Our customers have been happy using these for a long
time.
Only recently  one of customer wanted to access the Database files, using
your
standard PARADOX Database to access the Database which is created using
the ENGINE. Although we have not tried this ourselves we, assumed it
should be O.K and quite straight forward to do.

When the customer attempted to open the Files using The PARADOX database
it Prompts for a Password to access the database files.
As we did not use any Password or any password functions when creating the
database files, we are not sure why is it is asking for a password.

We need anyone's expert advice on what has caused this database to prompt
for
a Password, and how do we get round this as our customer has lot of this
files
created over last 2 years.

Please note when we attempted this using the Microsoft Queries (MS ODBC)
using the Paradox Driver and we could not access it either as it prompted
for a password.

Please HELP !!!!

2. Insufficient or Incorrect Key Col. Info

3. Paradox Engine for Paradox 4.x DOS

4. query problem

5. Paradox Engine -> Database Engine

6. ASCII files to Ingres - Help !

7. Paradox engine for Dos and SQL link

8. SQL Variables in VB5

9. Paradox Engine 3.5 for DOS help needed!

10. Paradox engine 3.0 - Dos C++ programing

11. Latest Paradox Engine for Dos???

12. Paradox DOS & Engine interaction

13. WTB: Paradox Engine 3.01 (for DOS)