Help! DBD failure......

Post by Andrew Bowe » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi ,I have a paradox db based Delphi app running on a network. The app runs fine but all
of a sudden my Database Desktop has stopped functioning. It keeps telling me it cannot
initialize IDAPI   " Multiple .Net files in use"  Now I have searched the server and my
local machine and there is only ONE copy of the .net file to be found and all users are
pointing to it including DBD. The version is 5.1 (16 bit Delphi 1.0) and I have already
tried reinstalling it. Does anyone know what this might be? I haven't used paradox for
win previously so maybe there are some config 'features' I should know about?

- any suggestions are appreciated.

- Andrew B.
- System Admin Pierce Division of Clearwater Fine Foods Inc.

Help! DBD failure......

Post by peggy bak » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

kick everyone out of the app and look for any .lck files anywhere;
they reference the net file internally.

>Hi ,I have a paradox db based Delphi app running on a network. The app runs fine but all
>of a sudden my Database Desktop has stopped functioning. It keeps telling me it cannot
>initialize IDAPI   " Multiple .Net files in use"  Now I have searched the server and my
>local machine and there is only ONE copy of the .net file to be found and all users are
>pointing to it including DBD. The version is 5.1 (16 bit Delphi 1.0) and I have already
>tried reinstalling it. Does anyone know what this might be? I haven't used paradox for
>win previously so maybe there are some config 'features' I should know about?
>- any suggestions are appreciated.
>- Andrew B.
>- System Admin Pierce Division of Clearwater Fine Foods Inc.

1. DBD:Informix test failure

I'm trying to install the Perl CPAN DBD:Informix and it's failing the
multiconn? tests when I do a make "test".  We've been using ipcshm
instead of network connections but I believe I've set the appropriate
Informix files for soctcp, bounced the engine and it works except for
the multiconnect functionality.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

We're running 7.14 on HPUX 10.20 with a single processor.

Our sqlhosts file has:
edvanta         onipcshm        cars    edvshm
edv1tcp         onsoctcp        cars    edv1tcp

The services file has the line:
edv1tcp 3301/tcp        #Informix tcp interface

and the onconfig file contains the following:
NETTYPE         ipcshm,1,320,CPU # Override sqlhosts nettype parameters
NETTYPE         soctcp,1,100,NET # Override sqlhosts nettype parameters

Thanks for any help.  I'm a relative newbie at this.
--
David Kleppinger                        davek   acck.edu
SysAdmin

2. index theory

3. DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question

4. changing authentication

5. Help: Problem making DBD::Oracle v0.44

6. Stored procedure

7. Help with Oracle DBD and Stored Procs

8. Web and database split across 2 machines, please help.

9. oracle7/DBD-Oracle-0.46/solaris2.5 - help

10. Help! DBD::Oracle installation problem

11. Help !! dbd::oracle

12. Help! DBD::Oracle installation problem

13. DBD::Oracle install help needed