Pdox Win 5.0 VS dbase win 5.0 transactions

Pdox Win 5.0 VS dbase win 5.0 transactions

Post by Agustin Gonzalez-Tuchma » Thu, 10 Nov 1994 02:19:00

I own a copy of dbase for windows and one of pdox/win/5.0.
The manual for dBase for windows mentions that pdx tables
and dbase tables support transactions (i.e. commit, rolllback, etc).
However, the manual (rather online help) of pdx/win/5.0 says
that pdx tables and dbase tables DO NOT support transactions.

That is rather strange since both products use the same
database engine. Maybe pdx do suuport transactions on
its native tables OR dbase does not!

Can anybody explain?

Thanks,

Pdox Win 5.0 VS dbase win 5.0 transactions

Post by Micah J. Bleech » Fri, 11 Nov 1994 00:43:44

Quote:

>  That is rather strange since both products use the same
>  database engine. Maybe pdx do suuport transactions on
>  its native tables OR dbase does not!

These operations are supported but only for remote tables. Paradox and dBase tables are local tables.

Micah

;====================================================================

; Database Solutions for Today's Business
; Philadelphia - New York - Washington DC
; (609) 227-0202 (609) 374-1704 fax
;===================================================================

1. Installing PDOX for Win 5.0 in Win 95?

Installing Paradox for Windows 5.0 in Windows 95 triggers a GPF on my
system. Does anyone know of a workaround?

The GPF occurs before the first prompt after starting the installation
file. In case it makes a difference, I am using the CD-ROM version of
PDOX 5.0.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

2. snmp agents on hp-ux

3. ??: 2 tables for datasource vs datalink in dBase 5.0 win combobox

4. Changin a DB name.

5. Book For basic dbase (dbase 5.0 win) programming

6. how do I see if a table is using indexes or scan

7. Pdox 4.5 DOS, 5.0 Win and NT4 Problems

8. VSAM.ORG email addresses

9. Mini Word Processor in PDOX WIN 5.0?

10. Weird Pdox 5.0 behavior under Win '95

11. Default date Format - Pdox Win 5.0

12. Export - Pdox 5.0 Win 3.x