L11 Table Buffer and GETRECORD

Post by FrontM » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 13:14:08

writes:

Paradox 4.5 (DOS) has a bug!  While it is true that a corrupt table can
cause the L11 Table Buffer error, I have found that use of the GETRECORD
function will also eventually cause the error.  In discussions with
Borland, it has come out that they are aware of the problem but cannot
make it happen consistantly.  They're not sure what to fix I guess.
===============
While I don't doubt what you say, I have made extensive use of GETRECORD
and have not any occurrences of L11's that were not explained and fixed
with TUTILITY.  You don't give the details surrounding your use of
GETRECORD, but I've not found it to be a problem.

On the other hand, Paradox, like all other major pieces of software,
definitely, as you say, "has a bug" -- lot's of them.  But I find them to
be managable.

DR

L11 Table Buffer and GETRECORD

Post by DCarl » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 20:07:03

writes:

I'm using GETRECORD as a lookup (validation) during Data Entry in many
cases.  The problem doesn't manifest itself all the time and usually only
after loooong periods of data entry.  Shorter sessions don't seem to be
affected.

Post by DCarl » Wed, 19 Oct 1994 23:45:03

Paradox 4.5 (DOS) has a bug!  While it is true that a corrupt table can
cause the L11 Table Buffer error, I have found that use of the GETRECORD
function will also eventually cause the error.  In discussions with
Borland, it has come out that they are aware of the problem but cannot
make it happen consistantly.  They're not sure what to fix I guess.

It is also possible that the new DPMI server that was shipped with 4.5 is
not stable.  In fact Borland shipped the old DPMI server configuration as
well as a new one with the release of 4.5.

The point of all this is...if you've run TUtility on all the suspect
tables and it found no problems, the problem is probably in resource
management from within Paradox itself.  I don't know if I'm saying this
right but I believe that Paradox is using up resources and then not
releasing them when it is finished.  GETRECORD and/or, possibly, the new
DPMI server seem to be the culprits.

I too, as some of you have mentioned, have noticed that my application
seems to work better on one machine than it does on another.  There are
over 50 users of the application that I wrote and about half have
experienced some problem while others have not.

I was told by the Borland Support Team that I should program around any
calls to GETRECORD.  I'm sorry but GETRECORD is one of the best things
that Borland added to 4.5.  FIX IT, DON'T ABONDON IT!

If any of you reading this want to discuss this further, please E-Mail me.

David Carlan (DCarlan on AOL)
Aplications Development
Can* Corporation

1. Table buffer error in GETRECORD

Hi,

I'm a programmer from Barcelona, i love paradox and i have all the
versions (i thing). So, whats the problem?, well, i have some
aplications in pdox 4.5 for dos in a Novell 3.11 and they have some
random problems with the command GETRECORD that quit the aplication and
return table buffer error. Can you help me?, if you can i will invite to
you for a good meal the next time you visit Barcelona. ;)
(Sorry for my horrible english)

Joan Pons

Barcelona (Spain)

2. 501 stack trace error

3. HELP - Unexpected Condition : Table Buffer (L11) PDOX4 DOS

4. HELP!!!!!!

5. Pdox45, NT, Table Buffers (L11) errors

6. Removing SQL 6.5

7. Unexpected Condition: Table Buffer (L11) in Paradox 4.0

8. Differences between SP5 & SP5a

9. Unexpected Condition L11: Table Buffer v4.02

10. PARADOX 4.O, UNEXPECTED CONDITION: TABLE BUFFER L11

11. PDox4.5 Dos: Table Buffer Error L11

12. Unexpected - Table Buffer (L11) Message

13. PDOX4.5 Table buffer L11 Error