printing from paradox 4.5 to a network printer

printing from paradox 4.5 to a network printer

Post by trevor » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to print to a printer* on a jetdirect
server without resorting to a novell print queue?
I have allocated lpt2 under win95 but dos programs cannot
apparently see this.
Any help would be gratefully received!

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.veryComputer.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

printing from paradox 4.5 to a network printer

Post by Adrian Bradsha » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

This should be quite possible. I do this, but unnder NT4. In NT you need to
set the "Printer Pooling"option and select the direct port AND the LPT port.
In Win95 (as I remember), you need to select Capture Printer Port. I can't
remember the details, but I'm sure I've done this in the past.

If that doesn't work, try changing the spooling options.

Adrian Bradshaw

>Is it possible to print to a printer* on a jetdirect
>server without resorting to a novell print queue?
>I have allocated lpt2 under win95 but dos programs cannot
>apparently see this.
>Any help would be gratefully received!

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.veryComputer.com/ Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful

printing from paradox 4.5 to a network printer

Post by Steve Urba » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I found this to be un-reliable.
Worse, I found out I could not DOS print print to any JD port EXCEPT 1
on my Jet Direct ex3+

I use a Bindery Q (no user counts consumed) and now have SOLID
printing for my DOS and Windows applications on all JD ports.

Steve U

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:47:28 -0800, trevors

>Is it possible to print to a printer* on a jetdirect
>server without resorting to a novell print queue?
>I have allocated lpt2 under win95 but dos programs cannot
>apparently see this.
>Any help would be gratefully received!

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.veryComputer.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

,        _
,       | \                           Steve Urbach
,       |  )erek

,  / / /                              http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Steve Gree » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I have allocated lpt2 under win95 but dos programs cannot
> apparently see this.

you need to make sure that Spool DOS Apps is checked, which it usually is, and that the port is captured.. and every time you change the default printer,
you've got to capture the port again

--
Steve Green
Corel CTech - Paradox

http://www.diamondsg.com

1. PARADOX FOR DOS 4.5 Speed of printing on a Windows 95 network

I have a paradox for DOS application which we run under Windows 95. On a
standalone machine reports sent the to printer start almost immediately.
The only delay being the time the printer takes to load the data.

The same application on a Windows 95 network take a lot longer to print
the same report. It can be as much as a minute or two before the printer
starts to receive data.

Has anyone got any ideas or tips on what can be done to speed things up.

Thanks in advance

Tony Dunn

2. question on oracle datatype....

3. Paradox 7, NT - printing to network printers

4. How to detect tables in database?

5. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

6. Insert trigger in SQL 6.5

7. HELP: Paradox 4.5 for DOS printer drivers

8. Linked Servers (Oracle/HPUX - MSSQL2k/W2k)

9. Paradox 4.5 / WfW : Changing Printer Setup

10. Printer String for Paradox 4.5 Dos

11. Paradox 4.5(Windows) printer setup

12. [4.5] Printer/Font Manager Error when changing printers