cMax differences in v1 and v5

Post by Stephen Bro » Fri, 28 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've been using Pdoxwin5 to develop an application for a client who
has version 1, taking care not to use any non-v1 methods and
properties.

The following bit of code in the open method of an undefined
field gets the date of the most recent record and displays it:
var
     TCdate        TCursor
endVar

TCdate.open("insertad.db")
self.value = TCdate.cMax("Date")
TCdate.close()

Works fine in v5, but running on v1 I get an error message saying
that date is not a number.

Sure enough, the reference guide for v1 says that cMax takes a
number as its argument.  And so does the ref. guide for v5.

It's not an insurmountable problem, but does anyone have any idea
what's changed?

Stephen Brown
London

1. Upgrading from PFW v1.0 to PFW v5.0

After upgrading PFW v1.0 to the current version using the
standard package Borland supplies I find that at least two
very important utility files, at least, are missing.  They
are TUTILITY.EXE (the dll is there) and ODAPICFG.EXE. Am I
supposed to have loaded 4.5 previously, even though Borland
will sell me the upgrade from 1.0?

Ted Jones, unhappy programmer

2. TNS-Problem with HORA4 and a 2nd instance

3. files from filemake pro v1.0 to v5.0

4. Dynamic - Server Side - Cursor

5. Essential differences between PL/SQL v1 and v2?

6. Column Level Permissions In SQL7

7. Difference between V1.0 and 4.5 for windows

8. pgsql/src/backend/utils/init findbe.c

9. Upgrade v4 to v5-4gl difference

10. dBase4 v1.1 or v1.5 Compiler

11. Updating from V5.03 to V5.5

12. Upgrading from Windows V5.0 to Mac V5.5