Importing text into memo field

Post by Len Hockle » Thu, 01 May 2003 05:04:23

Presently we are using Paradox 9.0.  We need to import a large text field
(>255char) into a memo field.  It tells me that this has not been
implemented in Paradox 9.0.  Can I do it in Paradox 10?

Importing text into memo field

Post by Tony McGuir » Thu, 01 May 2003 04:56:22

NO.

Can't import into memo fields.

You need to use a textstream to open the file, then read it and place into
the memo field with a tcursor.

That includes all Windows versions of Paradox.

Tony

"I woke up and was able to get myself out of bed.
Being that fortunate, what's to complain about?"
_____________

1. HELP! - importing text to memo fields

I've asked this question a couple of times with no luck in getting any
response...but I'll try again:

Has anyone had any luck (or experience) importing large blocks of text
into memo fields?  I have about 1000 records worth of text, each record
is between 2-4000 characters.  They are all variable in length.  I'm
trying to import them into memo fields.  I've used one of the import
tools found on PDX Informant BBS - however...it fails to bring in the
whole record.  It dies around 1046 characters  - apparently the limit
of a readline command.

Any help in this area would be appreciated.

2. graphical table view

3. Importing text into memo fields?

4. Pick Basic Prog to $38,000, + bonus, depending on experience level

5. Importing text into memo fields. Can it be done?

6. Script to UPDATE STATISTICS

7. How to import ASCII text into memo field ?

8. Using _CommandPtr

9. Importing (large amnts) text into memo fields

10. Import of long text(delimited) to PFW5.0 memo fields

11. Importing long text data to PFW 5.0 memo field

12. Re : FPM 2.6 : How to import text files into memo fields

13. Text import to Paradox 4 memo field - how?