Returning Values to VB/RDO from Stored Procedures

Returning Values to VB/RDO from Stored Procedures

Post by Ed Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Has anyone out there ever used Informix stored procedures with VB6 and RDO?
I'm having problems getting return values to work. I'm creating an rdoQuery
object to invoke the procedure using ODBC call syntax. I set the direction
on the return value and output parameters in the parameters collection, and
execute the procedure using the OpenResultSet method, all per the VB
documentation. The procedure executes fine, but always returns "null".
Executing the procedure from 4GL gets the correct return values with no
problems, so I think the SPL is ok. I'm using the v3.11 Intersolv ODBC
driver, which supposedly supports return values from stored procedures.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Brown