Please Help !!! Can't drop table

Post by IS » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Howdy folks,

I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table.  I can
exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
table and still get this error message.  Does anyone have any ideas on
how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???

FYI,
Suze.

   214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
   106: ISAM error:  non-exclusive access.

Susan Elliott
Host Team Leader
ISG
( 520 -8608

Please Help !!! Can't drop table

Post by Bill Enni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Someone else is using the table. Use onstat -k to see who has locks on the
system. The tblsnum column of onstat -k output will help you
identify which tables/rows have locks on them. You need to
cross reference the tblsnum with the partnum in systables for the table
that you are trying to lock. Then to get the owner of the lock grab
the owner column for all rows that match on tblsnum and compare
with onstat -u output. Then you can ask them to log out or
kill the session with onstat -z.

-Bill

> Howdy folks,

> I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table.  I can
> exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
> table and still get this error message.  Does anyone have any ideas on
> how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???

> FYI,
> Suze.

>    214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
>    106: ISAM error:  non-exclusive access.

> Susan Elliott
> Host Team Leader
> ISG
> ( 520 -8608

Please Help !!! Can't drop table

Post by insi.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

bill

I guess you meant kill using onmode -z?

>Someone else is using the table. Use onstat -k to see who has locks on the
>system. The tblsnum column of onstat -k output will help you
>identify which tables/rows have locks on them. You need to
>cross reference the tblsnum with the partnum in systables for the table
>that you are trying to lock. Then to get the owner of the lock grab
>the owner column for all rows that match on tblsnum and compare
>with onstat -u output. Then you can ask them to log out or
>kill the session with onstat -z.

>-Bill

>> Howdy folks,

>> I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table.  I can
>> exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
>> table and still get this error message.  Does anyone have any ideas on
>> how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???

>> FYI,
>> Suze.

>>    214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
>>    106: ISAM error:  non-exclusive access.

>> Susan Elliott
>> Host Team Leader
>> ISG
>> ( 520 -8608

Please Help !!! Can't drop table

Post by Umesh Pate » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Susan,

Please recycle engine and then drop table. What happened
in your case, their is stray lock on that table ( which was created
by some process, when process leave it should cleared but it did not )
that's why you are getting that error.

Thanks,

> Howdy folks,

> I keep getting the following error when trying to drop a table.  I can
> exclusively lock the table and then rollback, I try again to delete the
> table and still get this error message.  Does anyone have any ideas on
> how I can get around this, apart from bouncing the engine.....???

> FYI,
> Suze.

>    214: Cannot remove file for table (ttdsst020001).
>    106: ISAM error:  non-exclusive access.

> Susan Elliott
> Host Team Leader
> ISG
> ( 520 -8608

Umesh Patel
On Assignment with Caliber Logistics-

1. can't drop database... please help

Somehow... someway, I screwed up a database while restoring it...

I was doing some testing and restored the Northwind database.  Now in
Enterprise manager it says "Northwind(Loading)".  If I try to delete it, I
get "Error 3724:  Cannot drop the database "Northwind" becuase it is being
used for replication".

When I go to the Replication Monitor, the database is not being replicated.
I was playing with replication, but I'm not sure what I did.

I don't need to same the database, deleting it would be fine.  I can't seem
to find any sp that will help me take care of this, although I'm sure there
is one... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom Campbell

2. Too Slow. Please Help My Job depends on it

3. HELP please (recover of dropped table)

4. WingZ

5. Please help with dropping and creating the same table

6. NetBEUI

7. HELP!! Can't drop temp table

8. Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

9. Help: Can't drop corrup table (error 1117)

10. Help: Can't drop table!

11. HELP Can't drop tables