Can't connect with ESQL/C on SCO Open Server

Can't connect with ESQL/C on SCO Open Server

Post by Joe DeNicol » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have installed Informix SE 7.22 and ESQL/C 7.22 on an SCO Open Server
system.

If I use any Informix utilities (dbaccess for example), I can access the
database with no problem.

However, I cannot with any programs I compile with ESQL/C.  I get error
-25574 - Network driver cannot open the network device.  $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sq
lhosts is using setlitcp as the protocol.

For example, I created a very simple ESQL/C program:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
    $database acct
printf("sqlca.sqlcode = %d\n",sqlca.sqlcode);

Quote:}

I compiled with both "esql -o db db.ec" and "esql -static -o db db.ec".
Neither work.  They get the error -25574.

I doubt that it is a configuration problem, since I can connect to the
database with no problem with dbaccess and do queries, etc.

Any ideas?

Post by denic.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

[...]

Post by David Cobur » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Did you try putting a semicolon after the database name, or is this exactly
what was compiled?  As written it won't compile for me, but compiles and
works just fine with the terminator.  (I did, of course, change the
database name.)

ESQL/C 7.20.UC2, ODS 7.22.UC1

David

cc:    (bcc: David Coburn/ISG/WVUS/WorldVision)
Subject:  Can't connect with ESQL/C on SCO Open Server

[...]

Post by David William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

writes

Quote:

>I have installed Informix SE 7.22 and ESQL/C 7.22 on an SCO Open Server
>system.

>If I use any Informix utilities (dbaccess for example), I can access the
>database with no problem.

>However, I cannot with any programs I compile with ESQL/C.  I get error
>-25574 - Network driver cannot open the network device.  $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sq
>lhosts is using setlitcp as the protocol.

  Check your release notes under $INFORMIXDIR/release/SE_7.2

  possibly setiltcp is not supported on your platform
  you may have to use another one (seipcip???) instead.

  I've seen that when using an unsupported protocol with
  SE 7.1 on SCO v3,2.4.2. (Happened on a sales notebook the night
  before a demo - don't you love last minute upgrades??).

Quote:>For example, I created a very simple ESQL/C program:

--
David Williams