DBBACKUP/etc.

Post by Greg Silverma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What are the equivalent ways of issuing standard commands such as
DBBACK,
DBSTOP , etc.? We're running Informix SE version 7.24 on a Linux box and
didn't see any equivalent executables in the /informix/bin directory ...

Thanks!

--

 University of Minnesota Cancer Center

DBBACKUP/etc.

Post by Sujit... » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

     Greg

     I have never heard of these commands, but that may only be my
     ignorance. However, IMO these may be shell (or other) wrappers calling
     the on- commands. For example I would guess DBBACK may be an alias for
     ontape, and DBSTOP an alias for onmode -ky. You may want to look at
     the machine where you have these commands, do a "which DBBACK" and try
     to read the contents of DBBACK.

     HTH

     Sujit

Subject: DBBACKUP/etc.

Date:    9/15/98 3:53 PM

What are the equivalent ways of issuing standard commands such as
DBBACK,
DBSTOP , etc.? We're running Informix SE version 7.24 on a Linux box and
didn't see any equivalent executables in the /informix/bin directory ...

Thanks!

--

 University of Minnesota Cancer Center

1. dbbackup script online? (Velpuri's book)

I have an older copy of Velpuri's  "Oracle Backup and Recovery
Handbook"  and am looking for a place to download the scripts
in Ch. 4  from.

If anybody knows a website that  has the dbbackup scripts
can you post it here please?

Thanks,
Chris O'Connor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Document Imaging/Workflow

3. DBBackup on NetWare 4.11

4. Mr. Guggen's PICK JOB POSTINGS :)

5. DBBACKUP with SQLANYWHERE

6. Help Me

7. dbvalid and dbbackup when running multiple databases for SQL Anywhere

8. Can you use Borland's Turbo C++ to access WATCOM SQL?

9. dbbackup & the -x Option

10. dbbackup and the -n Option Versus the -r -n Options

11. Tricky Group by, count, distinct etc etc... sigh

12. Accessing XLS, CSV, and tab-delimited files, etc etc using ADO

13. Exporting ADO Recordset to excel/dBaseIII..etc..etc