JDBC Question...

Post by Bozo » Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:48:03

Using JDBC to access an Informix database on a rs6000, does anyone know if
there is a
specific port that Informix uses?

JDBC keeps asking for the port number, when attempting to establish a
connection.

Informix online 5.0, NT server using JDBC to connect.

JDBC Question...

Any that is not in use, preferably above 1024

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # You are only young once

JDBC Question...

Post by teste » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 07:33:51

Check the services file and look for either turbo or sqlnet. Port is a
configurable parameter and therefore, it depends what your sys-admin decided.

Thanks,

> Using JDBC to access an Informix database on a rs6000, does anyone know if
> there is a
> specific port that Informix uses?

> JDBC keeps asking for the port number, when attempting to establish a
> connection.

> Informix online 5.0, NT server using JDBC to connect.

Imran Hussain

For FREE Software visit
http://www.imranweb.com/freesoft

1. Oracle question and general JDBC question

Hi

I have a couple of newbie questions.

1) I have downloaded  the oracle thin client jdbc drivers from
technet.oracle.com. I am using Visual Age for java (v3.5) for Java 2.0.
When I import them, there appears to be problems with javax.xx classes
such as XAException, XAResource, etc etc. Where can I get these files?
I dont think that oracle driver would run properly without these files
right?

2) How can I navigate through (using JDBC 2.0 drivers) to find a
particular entry (such as the last one, last one and the 15th)?

3) I have a class that handles all the DB queries and SQL statements.
Is there a way I can put it in a servlet and when I do
System.out.println etc etc it goes onto a web page?

4) How do I catch an SQL Exception such as if a particular entry in a
table already exists? How does Oracle raise these exceptions and how
can I catch it?

5) If I enter values into a table, how can I make the PRIMARY Key which
is a running number, increment, or is that automatic?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Migrating from 7 to 2000

3. db question / JDBC question

4. Ms-Access + Views + db link

5. another jdbc question

6. applet jbdc

7. JDBC question

8. Performance Issues

9. JDBC question: Creating new arrays

10. JDBC question: Which class is returned?

11. Another JDBC question dates this time...

12. jdbc-question...

13. jdbc question