I have some problems with the ldllsqlw.dll library provided by Q&E Software
and I-NET PC to manage INFORMIX databases through ODBC.
The layers I use are:
FTP PC/TCP 2.3
Q&E driver for Informix
VB PRO 3.0
Q&E recommends the ldllsqlw.dll library must be in conventional memory,
so it provides a utility to use at windows startup to force this.
These are some of the problems I have:
- Once I have got a connection error, the I-net layer returns an error
(Unknown error -854) and remains busy, so the only thing I can do is
reboot the computer. This problem is a known-error for Informix.
- If I make an .exe file for a vb application, I can execute the application
only once. The second time I got a GPF, sometimes in VBRUN300.DLL,
sometimes in LDLLSQLW.DLL. I could solve this problem unloading the dll,
but the I-net layer remains "busy", so ALT-CTRL-DEL is again the only
- Sometimes, "An error in your application ..." message from vb or a GPF
appears "ramdomly"; always when an ODBC call is made.
These are some of my questions:
- Is there another 3th party dll's for accessing Informix via ODBC?
- Have Informix already released I-Net 5.10?
- Q&E Technical Support FAX/PHONE or E-mail address?
- Any bibliography you can suggest to understand what's happening?
- Any utility to trace the vb application and odbc calls?
Any suggestion would be of great help.
Thanks in advance