Index on IUS :-)

Post by Sanjit Chakrabort » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In IUS all indexes are detached index by default. How can I create a
attached index?

Thanks,
Sash

Index on IUS :-)

Post by Madison Prue » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can't, but why would you want to?  Detached indexes have a
performance advantage over an attached index in a
multi-processor/multi-user environment.  Scans don't have to skip over
pages.

FYI - the main reason that this is done with IUS is because of table
inheritance.

> In IUS all indexes are detached index by default. How can I create a
> attached index?

> Thanks,
> Sash

1. How to tell IUS to use Index ?

Hello,

i have a problem that on a SQL-statement an index is not used. Below the
table-schema is shown. By the "unique"-definition an index is implicitly
defined on the three columns (isn't it ?).

create table B
(
x       integer not null references A1,
y       integer not null references A1,
z       integer not null references A2,
unique(x, y, z)
);

Now i have a temp table which is created the same way as the table B
(three integer-columns named f, g and h). I want to delete all entries
from table B that are listed in the temp table. Here we go:

delete from B
where row(x ,y ,z)
IN (select row(f, g, h) from temp_tab);

The problem is, that this statements takes a very long time to be
executed. The index is not used, i guess. A select on the same table B
is much faster (less than 1 second), but this statements takes about 20
seconds.

Is there a solution for this ?

Thank you in advance,

Gert.

--
Gert Brinkmann

dimedis GmbH             tel: +49 221 92 12 60 - 0
Habsburgerring 2-12      fax:                  - 99
50674 Koeln             http://www.dimedis.de

2. New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR

3. What's difference between IUS 9.12UC1 and IUS 9.12UC2?

4. US-KY-SYBASE DBA's & Developers

5. Strange : Field Names under Transactional Replication with IUS

6. SQL 7 utils on Terminal server

7. Trigger stored procedure to start batch file in IUS

8. v$open_cursor and session_cached_cursors

9. IUS and onunload

10. Installing IUS

11. Creating a new instance on IUS 9.14.UC5

12. IDS vs IUS

13. IUS 9.14.TC1 on NT SP5?