INET 5.01 for NT and ONLINE 5.01

Post by tra... » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm trying to use INET 5.01 for NT with ONLINE 5.01 for UNIX.
Sometime using the ilogin the connection to database is ok.
Sometime (the most of the times) the connection fails with the error
code -457, "Database server terminated unexpectedly has occurred'
Someboy knows which is the problem?

INET 5.01 for NT and ONLINE 5.01

Post by Pavel Kazeni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

> I'm trying to use INET 5.01 for NT with ONLINE 5.01 for UNIX.
> Sometime using the ilogin the connection to database is ok.
> Sometime (the most of the times) the connection fails with the error
> code -457, "Database server terminated unexpectedly has occurred'
> Someboy knows which is the problem?

To fix the problem check the following:
1. If sqlexecd demon is running on UNIX box. (It's better to call it with
   -l option to log diagnostics).
2. If number of current connections not exceeded maximum number of concurrent
   connections allowed (tbconfig USERS parameter). Sometimes connection leaves
   opened though application has terminated.
3. if $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file exists check its record(s).

HTH. If not e-mail me directly.

Take care.
Pavel Kazenin,
INFORMIX DBA.

1. Online 6/Solaris 2.3/Inet 5.01

I have been trying for some time to successfully connect a
PC application via Inet 5.01 to an Online 6 instance running
under Solaris 2.3.

I have been constantly thwarted by error 952 - users password is
not correct for database server.

Informix tell me that this was due to the Solaris 2 box running as
an NIS client and using C2 security which is not supported. However
having removed both these facilities the 952 is still returned from the
PC.

We now have a Sparc 20 with Solaris 2.3 which we are unable to
use with Inet, although it is 100% under a shell; dbaccess is
fine, locally and between unix servers.

Has anybody got any clues as to the problem, or even had a similar
experience.

Many thanks for any input,

Charles Stewart
Systems Admin
Lloyds International Factors.

2. Microsoft Press More Than 300 Titles + FREE UPS Ground shipping

3. Informix Online 5.01 versus Online 7.x

4. Doing a partial (not exact match) search in a database - testing whether I've found a match

5. Online config for I-NET PC 5.01 to Online 7.1

6. CA-WEB APPS

7. Coexistance of INets 5.01 & 7.12/7.22

8. Foxpro 2.5 & Error Detection Q's

9. Coexistance of INets 5.01 & 7.12/7.2

10. Inet PC 5.01: Error SQLCode -457

11. Problem with INet/PC 5.01