for Art S Kagel--iiug prog compilaton errors

for Art S Kagel--iiug prog compilaton errors

Post by sanjeev saga » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using IDS 7.30, esqc 7.2x on Solaris 2.5.1.

I downloaded your programe from iiug.org site. I
tried to compile dbcopy.ec and myschema.ec both gave
me syntax errors. I ran

esql -o dbcopy dbcopy.ec

Is any thing wrong in my command or something else i
need?

I would appreciate you if you would look into this.

Sanjeev

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am using IDS 7.30, esqc 7.2x on Solaris 2.5.1.

> I downloaded your programe from iiug.org site. I
> tried to compile dbcopy.ec and myschema.ec both gave
> me syntax errors. I ran

> esql -o dbcopy dbcopy.ec

> Is any thing wrong in my command or something else i
> need?

No, they should be completely self-contained, and the
command line you give is correct.

What errors did you get?  I downloaded the software
again, and I compiled on Solaris 2.6 under GCC 2.8.1
and didn't get any errors -- once I'd got a complete
source file.  The first time around, some of the shell
archive was missing; dunno why.  I got a file size of
200154 bytes for the utils2_ak shell archive.

Yours,

Guardian of DBD::Informix v0.59 -- http://www.perl.com/CPAN
Informix IDN for D4GL & Linux -- http://www.informix.com/idn

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am using IDS 7.30, esqc 7.2x on Solaris 2.5.1.

> I downloaded your programe from iiug.org site. I
> tried to compile dbcopy.ec and myschema.ec both gave
> me syntax errors. I ran

> esql -o dbcopy dbcopy.ec

> Is any thing wrong in my command or something else i
> need?

Is it possible that you do not have the Solaris Development Kit
installed?  Solaris comes with a brain dead C compiler by default which
is only useful for linking a new kernel.  Also if you are using GCC,
which is common since it tends to be better that the Solaris SDK
compiler anyway, know that the esql script uses cc by default.  You
either have to change the $INFORMIXDIR/bin/esql script or export the
environment variable INFORMIXC=gcc to make it use gcc.  I think that
this is your problem because I just tried it again and had no problems
compiling on Solaris using gcc.

Art S. Kagel
-

1. Mr Art Kagel

The IIUG would like to inform all of comp.database.Informix that Mr Art
Kagel and Mr Carlton Doe are the recipients of the IIUG Directors award for
excellence in their work in the Informix Community.

Here is the release

http://www.iiug.org/members/directors_award.html

Thank you Art and Carlton!!!

Stuart Litel
IIUG Board of Directors

2. !!!FREE OFFER-YOUR ONE NUMBER!!!!

3. DDE with SB+.

4. Where is Art Kagel?

5. Can I create the table which permits NULL field?

6. Record Locks - Continuing Saga... (RE: Art S. Kagel)

7. D3 Linux - Switching to RAID - What to do?

8. IIUG Insider #24 - Good Bye Glenn Jacobson, Scranton at IIUG.org, IDS 9.4

9. IIUG Insider #11: IIUG.org News, Informix Successes,

10. IIUG - Cloudscape discussion list on IIUG server

11. IIUG - Charter and Bylaws approved by IIUG members