oninit Cannot find message file

Post by moura » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi All,

I am using Informix (7.3) for the first time
I successfully installed all products
I followed all steps to run the server (I think so!)
but when running oninit -iyv, I've got the follwoing
messages:

----
Checking group membership to determine server run
modesucceeded
Reading configuration file
'/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/onconfig.test'...succeeded
Creating /INFORMIXTMP/.infxdirs ... succeeded
Creating infos file
"/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.infos.nova_shm" ...
"/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.conf.nova_shm" ... succeeded
Writing to infos file ... succeeded
Checking config parameters...succeeded
Allocating and attaching to shared memory...succeeded
Creating resident pool 468 kbytes...succeeded
Creating buffer pool 2002 kbytes...succeeded
Initializing rhead structure...succeeded
Initializing ASF ...succeeded
Initializing Dictionary Cache and Stored Procedure
Cache...Cannot find
message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.FAILED
----

I set the correct INFORMIXDIR and left DBLANG unset
and even if I set DBLANG to a full path name
/export/home/pkg/Informix/msgfiles
I still got the same problem

Please Help needed urgently

-Mourad

Post by Helmut Leininge » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi All,

> I am using Informix (7.3) for the first time
> I successfully installed all products
> I followed all steps to run the server (I think so!)
> but when running oninit -iyv, I've got the follwoing
> messages:

> ----
> Checking group membership to determine server run
> modesucceeded
> Reading configuration file
> '/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/onconfig.test'...succeeded
> Creating /INFORMIXTMP/.infxdirs ... succeeded
> Creating infos file
> "/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.infos.nova_shm" ...
> "/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.conf.nova_shm" ... succeeded
> Writing to infos file ... succeeded
> Checking config parameters...succeeded
> Allocating and attaching to shared memory...succeeded
> Creating resident pool 468 kbytes...succeeded
> Creating buffer pool 2002 kbytes...succeeded
> Initializing rhead structure...succeeded
> Initializing ASF ...succeeded
> Initializing Dictionary Cache and Stored Procedure
> Cache...Cannot find
> message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.FAILED
> ----

> I set the correct INFORMIXDIR and left DBLANG unset
> and even if I set DBLANG to a full path name
> /export/home/pkg/Informix/msgfiles
> I still got the same problem

> Please Help needed urgently

> -Mourad

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Hi,

Usually the message directory is $INFORMIXDIR/msg (not msgfiles). There, the subdirectory en_us/0333 contains the message files (i.e. if necessary you should
specifiy DBLANG=$INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333 if necessary, but normally you should not need). Check the ownership and access rights. Owner should be
informix/informix, access rights for the directories 755, for the .iem files 644.

Also LANG may influence the search for the message files. Pls. refer to the chapter "Environment Variables" in the SQL Reference Guide.

Regards
--
Helmut Leininger

Bull AG / Vienna
Open Systems Support

This opinion is mine and not necessarily that of my employer.
No guarantees whatsoever.

oninit Cannot find message file

Post by Hartmut Marte » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

"mourad" wrote

Quote:> Hi All,

> I am using Informix (7.3) for the first time
> I successfully installed all products
> I followed all steps to run the server (I think so!)
> but when running oninit -iyv, I've got the follwoing
> messages:

> ----
> Checking group membership to determine server run
> modesucceeded
> Reading configuration file
> '/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/onconfig.test'...succeeded
> Creating /INFORMIXTMP/.infxdirs ... succeeded
> Creating infos file
> "/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.infos.nova_shm" ...
> "/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.conf.nova_shm" ... succeeded
> Writing to infos file ... succeeded
> Checking config parameters...succeeded
> Allocating and attaching to shared memory...succeeded
> Creating resident pool 468 kbytes...succeeded
> Creating buffer pool 2002 kbytes...succeeded
> Initializing rhead structure...succeeded
> Initializing ASF ...succeeded
> Initializing Dictionary Cache and Stored Procedure
> Cache...Cannot find
> message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.FAILED
> ----

> I set the correct INFORMIXDIR and left DBLANG unset
> and even if I set DBLANG to a full path name
> /export/home/pkg/Informix/msgfiles
> I still got the same problem

> Please Help needed urgently

> -Mourad

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful

Recently I also ran into this problem after installing ISQL and I4GL Ver.
7.20 on top of a preinstalled IDS Ver. 7.31. A deinstall of IDS followed by
an install of IDS solved the problem for me.

Regards
H. Marten

oninit Cannot find message file

Post by Arshad, Shehl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check your order of installation of the products.

Shehla

1. oninit - .Cannot find message file

[...]

2. Will Oracle be compatible with MS/Windows 3.0 soon??

3. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

4. Recommended study materials for SQL 7.0 Admin test?

5. cannot find message files

6. sequence in SQL Server ...

7. cannot find message file

8. check

9. URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

10. Error: Cannot find message file....

11. Cannot find message file!

12. Cannot find message file

13. IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.