Entity Relationship Diagrammer

Post by DONALD BOOTH » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 23:23:04

Quote:>>>Is anyone using a 'good' entity relationship
>>>diagrammer?
>>>We have to reverse engineer 'table' relationship's.
>>>Then go forward with the 'diagrammer'.

<deletia>

Quote:>I have found ERWin/ERX (from LogicWorks) to be adequate.  It has a
>neat reverse-engineering feature that works quite well (if your schema
>include primary and foreign key declarations) to generate IDEF1X
>editable diagrams.  Handles Informix, Oracle, SyBase, SQLServer,
>others I can't remember right now.  Runs under MS Windows.
>-TWS

Be careful with ERwin/ERX.  We have been using it for diagramming the changes
that the programmers have been making to the database.  If they add/delete a FK,
the import will not pick it up.  In other words, existing diagrams will not
reflect relationship changes between tables.  Logicworks confirms this.  So, I
am going to be looking at S-Designer, based on a couple of earlier messages, to
see if it will pick up relationship (?) changes from the database and propagate
them to the model.

Version info: ERwin/ERX for Powerbuilder v2.0;  Informix 6.0.

Don Boothby              (317)232-4602

1. Entity Relationship Diagrammer

I have found ERWin/ERX (from LogicWorks) to be adequate.  It has a neat
reverse-engineering feature that works quite well (if your schema
include primary and foreign key declarations) to generate IDEF1X
editable diagrams.  Handles Informix, Oracle, SyBase, SQLServer, others
I can't remeber right now.  Runs under MS Windows.
-TWS

2. Table locking problems

3. database diagrammer not displaying diagrammer

4. Job: St. Louis

5. How to map big entity relationship models

6. Access settings across 2 servers

7. Entity Relationship Diagram help

8. Row-locking

9. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM DRAWING TOOL

10. ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

11. Entity Relationship diagrams (IDEF1X)

12. Entity Relationship tools - Anyone have a favorite?