The machine notes is referring to the C++ Compiler Runtime and its patches
for the utilities you mentioned, not the actual C or C++ compiler.
1. Pre-IDS 9.4, the C++ compiler runtime was required only for onpladm,
ipload, and blademgr.
2. With IDS 9.4, we have additional C++ code in the engine and other
server utilities for enhanced Unicode support. Therefore, IDS 9.4
requires C++ runtime (even if you don't use onpladm, ipload, blademgr..).
Sent by: Subject: IDS 9.4 and Solaris 8
Please respond to
I read the machine notes on Informix IDS 9.4 and Solaris. This is the
time that I see a warning on this effect.
- The machine notes states that I need the Sun compiler to install onpladm,
ipload and blademgr.
- Before I never bother to look if I had a compiler and it seems that I do
1) Am I in lala land or did pre-IDS 9.4 did not need the Sun C compiler
2) Can I install IDS 9.4 w/o the compiler (I am not going to use those