Equivalent of sybase 'set rowcount <number>' in informix??

Equivalent of sybase 'set rowcount <number>' in informix??

Post by al_.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can some informix "guru" tell me the equivalent command of 'set rowcount n' SQL command of
sybase.
for eg. in sybase SQL command, I can limit the number of rows processed by server by this command
-
isql
1> set rowcount 3
2>go
1> select * from customer
2>go
this returns just 2 rows.
That is, I can tell the database server to STOP processing after first 2 rows, as I will be
interested only first 2 rows in the app

al

1. >>>>>>Cheap but handy DESIGN-tool for relational db's<<<<<<

I found an easy to use and cheap tool for designing ERmodels for relational
databases.
It also generates code.
It's much less powerful than S-designor but it is a lot cheaper and very
handy
LOOK AT and (you can load a demoversion):

http://www.heraut.demon.nl/dezign/dezign.html

2. VB6 and Oracle

3. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

4. 4gl timer

5. Convert Function

6. Introduction to VB ADO's

7. Sybase's number() equivalent?

8. Help - performance problem with 'set rowcount'

9. Adaptive 11.5 Vs 'set rowcount'

10. <'>'s

11. 'Use <database>' overhead