Time to start planning Covert Operations! (Ok maybe not! ;-)

Time to start planning Covert Operations! (Ok maybe not! ;-)

Post by Michael Sege » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Attention all you members of the Sekret Squirrel Fan Club:

Its time to start planning our C.D.I party at the *next* W.W.I.U.G
conference.

Since this party must reflect the tastes, likes and dislikes of those
attending, it is important
to not only get a head count, but some idea of the clientele planning to
attend.

For example, rumor has it that Billy may make the trip from SA. If true,
plan on having
an extra $500.00 (USD) in cash for bail money. ;-) [OK, so I am
exagerating. Just a touch. :-]

Seriously, though, this party is more of just a get together of those
who participate in
C.D.I and allows us to meet one another face to face over a couple of
cold ones.
(Wine/Beer/Single Malts?/Coke/Coffee/ Decalf Late?)

The reason I am starting this early is that I need time to perform some
recon.
Like Cigar freindly bars. Small intimate pubs that we can take over and
drink till dawn.

Since I don't know what the vendor parties are like and on which nite, I
don't want to have a conflict
so I need to line up different establishments for different nights.

So, drop me a line at
Mikey (at) Segel (Dot) Com
And let me know the following:
1) Cigar/Non Cigar
2) Type of club
3) Do you have medical insurance?
[Its not fun until you poke someone's eye out!]
4) Do you have a favorite bail bondsman?
[Only if we get caught ;-]
5) Music interests? (Jazz, Blues, Rock, Ska?, House?, Acid House, Hip
Hop, Punk, sorry no Goth :-(   )
6) Bringing the S.O ?(meaning do we have to behave?)

-Uncle Mikey
(Now you guys know why I am still single. I haven't found a girl dumb
enough to put up with
my bad habits ;-)

BTW, I am serious about the party, but take the rest with a grain of
salt.
I'm planning my prision break from Cleveland, so I will need to stretch
my legs
so to speak ;-)

Time to start planning Covert Operations! (Ok maybe not! ;-)

Post by Nils Myklebu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Greate Mikey.

Whatever we do we need a party for the c.d.i. crowd.
Please make sure there is an unofficial gettogether the evening before
it all starts as well.

My preferences for the place is somewhere we can talk without having
to scream all the time. Otherwise anything goes.

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:55:07 -0600, Michael Segel

>Attention all you members of the Sekret Squirrel Fan Club:

>Its time to start planning our C.D.I party at the *next* W.W.I.U.G
>conference.

>Since this party must reflect the tastes, likes and dislikes of those
>attending, it is important
>to not only get a head count, but some idea of the clientele planning to
>attend.

>For example, rumor has it that Billy may make the trip from SA. If true,
>plan on having
>an extra $500.00 (USD) in cash for bail money. ;-) [OK, so I am
>exagerating. Just a touch. :-]

>Seriously, though, this party is more of just a get together of those
>who participate in
>C.D.I and allows us to meet one another face to face over a couple of
>cold ones.
>(Wine/Beer/Single Malts?/Coke/Coffee/ Decalf Late?)

>The reason I am starting this early is that I need time to perform some
>recon.
>Like Cigar freindly bars. Small intimate pubs that we can take over and
>drink till dawn.

>Since I don't know what the vendor parties are like and on which nite, I
>don't want to have a conflict
>so I need to line up different establishments for different nights.

>So, drop me a line at
>Mikey (at) Segel (Dot) Com
>And let me know the following:
>1) Cigar/Non Cigar
>2) Type of club
>3) Do you have medical insurance?
>[Its not fun until you poke someone's eye out!]
>4) Do you have a favorite bail bondsman?
>[Only if we get caught ;-]
>5) Music interests? (Jazz, Blues, Rock, Ska?, House?, Acid House, Hip
>Hop, Punk, sorry no Goth :-(   )
>6) Bringing the S.O ?(meaning do we have to behave?)

>-Uncle Mikey
>(Now you guys know why I am still single. I haven't found a girl dumb
>enough to put up with
>my bad habits ;-)

>BTW, I am serious about the party, but take the rest with a grain of
>salt.
>I'm planning my prision break from Cleveland, so I will need to stretch
>my legs
>so to speak ;-)

Nils Myklebust
NM Data AS
Norway

Time to start planning Covert Operations! (Ok maybe not! ;-)

Post by David William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Greate Mikey.

>Whatever we do we need a party for the c.d.i. crowd.
>Please make sure there is an unofficial gettogether the evening before
>it all starts as well.

>My preferences for the place is somewhere we can talk without having
>to scream all the time. Otherwise anything goes.

  Where is it this year?

  Why can we have a conference in London. England?

  Here I am in one of the most famous cities in the world and no
  conference for me :-<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  Not fair!

--
David Williams

Maintainer of the Informix FAQ
 Primary site (Beta Version)  http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk
 Official site                http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html

I see you standin', Standin' on your own, It's such a lonely place for you, For
you to be If you need a shoulder, Or if you need a friend, I'll be here
standing, Until the bitter end...
So don't chastise me Or think I, I mean you harm...
All I ever wanted Was for you To know that I care

1. Ok let me ask that again - maybe someone intelligent will answer this time

Hi,

I need information and feedback on the different aspects of implimenting a
web
based application with an existing oracle database server.  If I
wanted to write my front end in ASP as opposed to Cold Fusion, is the
following feasible?

-  Use an NT server with IIS and connect to a Unix Oracle server?
-  Create DSNs from my ASP application to my Oracle servers
-  Convert my Unix Oracle data to Windows NT Oracle.

What are the benefits to leaving my database in Oracle as opposed to
migrating it to Microsoft SQL Server (besides the simple fact that you
all loathe Microsoft).  I realize Oracle is seriously powerful and
since my company has been heading in that direction for some time, I
would like to keep the advantage of all the Oracle knowledge we have.

I'm just hoping someone will write and tell me that I can set up a
connection to my Unix Oracle servers through ODBC (or something
similar) with as much ease as I can with my MS-SQL servers.  This
would be HUGE cost savings and prove that Oracle can co-exist with
whatever platform we will use in the future.  We're trying to push to
keep Oracle as a primary tool and any information you can provide
would be appreciated very much.

Thanks
Erik

2. How can I read the username from windows NT server?

3. Time costly Last operation in Query Plan

4. Paper on Multiversion Concurrency

5. Scheduled Backup or Maintenance Plan in SQL Server 7.0 does not start (help)

6. setting up my own server, need help

7. A couple (ok, well maybe a little more than a couple) of (beginner) questions

8. NC/CHARLOTTE - ORACLE PB, FIN, MANU

9. OK, maybe I was too tough on Intersolv

10. ODBC Excel OK, SQL link not ok...?

11. Master-Detail=ok / Table=not ok !?

12. Enterprise Mgr: Events ok, Jobs not ok

13. ODBC Excel OK, SQL link not ok...?