Help !!!!! "Server is in an incompatible state"

Help !!!!! "Server is in an incompatible state"

Post by Vince Roge » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:48:28

I have just had to change the network card in one of our servers(card
failed) all seems fine until you try to run any ontape command, upon
which we now recieve the above error. I have seen various postings
about this but no real answer. If you continue to repeat the command
somtimes it works. Checked the /etc/hosts file and
$INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts and all seems to be fine. As we only changed
the network card, it must be a network problem somewhere, but are now
at the end of what seems like a blind alley.
Is anyone from informix out there listening or has IBM given up trying
to help anybody with informix !!!!!!!!

Help !!!!! "Server is in an incompatible state"

Post by Obnoxio The Clo » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:58:57

Quote:>I have just had to change the network card in one of our servers(card
>failed) all seems fine until you try to run any ontape command, upon
>which we now recieve the above error. I have seen various postings
>about this but no real answer. If you continue to repeat the command
>somtimes it works. Checked the /etc/hosts file and
>$INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts and all seems to be fine. As we only changed
>the network card, it must be a network problem somewhere, but are now
>at the end of what seems like a blind alley.
>Is anyone from informix out there listening or has IBM given up trying
>to help anybody with informix !!!!!!!!

Hey, you cheeky monkey: this isn't where you get official support.
Call technical support. They will help you.

Post by Max Yak » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:58:36

> I have just had to change the network card in one of our servers(card
> failed) all seems fine until you try to run any ontape command, upon
> which we now recieve the above error. I have seen various postings
> about this but no real answer. If you continue to repeat the command
> somtimes it works. Checked the /etc/hosts file and
> $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts and all seems to be fine. As we only changed
> the network card, it must be a network problem somewhere, but are now
> at the end of what seems like a blind alley.
> Is anyone from informix out there listening or has IBM given up trying
> to help anybody with informix !!!!!!!!

Comrade Vince - Agree with Obnox that you cheeky monkey alright.
Is pretty good description, but forget to list TAPEDEV from onconfig.
How you expect help when description missing things?  Also did
look in message log?  Also, if server in 'incompatible state' did try
bouncing same?

HTH

Max V. Yakov

1. Another "Incompatible Database" question

                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi

If yous still want some control over your s/w, keep *all DLL's/VBX's* away from
windows\system. This is valid as long as some component developers insists
on not renaming their products between versions. Keep everything in the app.dir,
and you'll at least have some control.

/Lars
Lars G. Oerne                MoSoft
P.O.Box 72                   S-340 36 MOHEDA Sweden
Cell Phone +46 0705441225    "The House of FRITSON"

2. I need my SQL Server License

3. Problem VB/ACCESS - "Incompatible Database Version"

4. Fulltext search no longer works

5. Another "Incompatible Database" question

6. Archiver fell over, won't restart.

7. VBDB300.DLL Incompatible, "Installable ISAMs"

8. GUI opinions

9. Progress V7 "Incompatible with V6"

11. Help !!!!! "Server is in an incompatible state"

12. Software Metrics "State of the Art"

13. Removing "SQL State" message from logfile