1. Spurious warning in 4GL-generated C code?
I just imported several ABF/4GL applications from 6.4/04 to OpenIngres
1.1 (sos.us5/02) and notices that the compilation steps produce quite a
few warings of the form:
framename.c, line nnnn: warning: statement cannot be reached.
Upon examining the generated C code, I found about half of the warnings
were from a sequence of generated code like this:
goto IIosl219; <=== The warning is for this line
The 4GL code sequence which generates this code is of the form:
'MenuItem' (Explanation = 'explanation') =
ReturnCode = CALLRAME framename (CompanyName = :CompanyNAme);
IF ReturnCode = 98
THEN RETURN 98; <=== This generates the flagged C code
'Shell' (Explanation = 'explanation') = <=== This statement generates
BEGIN the flagged code
The application SEEMS to run OK but I sure sould like to know what is
going on here. Please not, compilation under 6.4/04 ABF/4GL did not
generate these warnings. (The application was moved using copydb with
the "-c" flag. The "create table", "create index" and "modify"
statements were deleted from the cp_ingre._in file as they already
existed and I didn't want to mess up anything already done in OI 1.1 from
a 6.4 copy file. )
Any ideas, comments, etc.?
Lucky Leavell Phone: (812) 945-6555
Relational Information Systems, Inc. FAX: (812) 949-9233
New Albany, IN 47150-2013 71534,2674 (CompuServe)
WWW Home Page: http://wl.iglou.com/ris
3. WARNING WARNING WARNING
4. Pass string with apostrophe in sql?
5. Unwarrented warning from ESQL/C 5.00
7. Linker warnings with ESQL/C version 7.31UC3 and GCC 2.8.1
8. Virginia - DB2/Oracle Database Administrator
9. 5.0 esql/c warning -33208 - Question?
10. comparing datetime in esql/c
11. ESQL/C DATETIME Manipulation question
12. Function to convert ESQL datetime to unix time_t?
13. ESQL/C, sqlda, and datetime columns