writing binary/hexa value to a file

Post by nck » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi everybody,

I want to print the hexvalue 0 into the file using informix 4gl report
function. (ie. START REPORT, OUTPUT REPORT, FINISH REPORT)
When I pass hexavalue 0 to report, it converts to space. ie hexavalue 20.All
other numbers are  OK except 0.

Hope any one can help.....

Thanks

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I want to print the hexvalue 0 into the file using informix 4gl report
> function. (ie. START REPORT, OUTPUT REPORT, FINISH REPORT)
> When I pass hexavalue 0 to report, it converts to space. ie hexavalue 20.All
> other numbers are  OK except 0.

The I4GL ASCII function returns blank for ASCII(0) in regular functions, but
returns
an actual ASCII NUL ('\0' or 0) inside a report.  No, I've never understood why,
either.

--

Guardian of DBD::Informix v0.62 -- see http://www.perl.com/CPAN
#include <disclaimer.h>