<None>

Post by ** Sender Unknown * » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

net!news.sprintlink.net!news-dc-2.sprintlink.net!news1.dis.wa.gov!news.leg.wa.gov!not-for-mail

Subject: Re: ODBC Driver

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:38:24 -0700

Quote:> >My problem comes when I try to update a field on the database.  When I try to do
> >that, the database gives me the error: "The field is not updatable".  I cannot
> >enter new data or change the existing records ( and to me, not being able
> >to update the records or enter new records defeats the purpose of having an
> >ODBC driver)

> How about adding a unique secondary index on your tables.  The Jet engine
> (under MSAccess) requires unique indexes (or in some cases, a unique primary
> key).

You may have a primary key in Infomix, but Access won't use it. This is because
if you created the primary key before you created a unique index the database
will create the index for you, but it puts a space at the start of the name of
the index. Access won't use an index with a space at the start of the name of the

1. <None>

Hi
I have a SQL Server 6.5 shop.
I run a VB Application on this SQL Server using ENglish NT.

My department wants to use Chinese Data also henceforth.  I was told we
would be using RICHWIN software for the same.

How do I get these Chinese characters into my Database?

Please Help ...

Thanks

Ivar

2. SQL Server 2000 Importing/Restoring a database file

3. Career Opportunity - Systemhouse seeks Object Oriented professional.

4. ADO connection error "[DBMSSOCN] General network error" occasionally.

5. wildcard "*"

6. <none>

7. TDbLookUpComboBox and <none>