UOW in DCE Server?

Post by dot.. » Sun, 26 Mar 1995 05:23:46

I have a server using "esql" and C which services some clients. What is the most efficient way to handle DATABASE CONNECTs and COMMIT scopes?

I have the option of running a start-up function when the service starts up, or I could do something with each invocation of a function in the service.
Ideas?

1. Awaiting DTC message. UOW

Hi,

We've had a distributed transaction writing every half hour to a remote
database running quite happily
(across trusted domains) for a while now.
Then all of a sudden, the remote SQL Server ground to nearly a complete
halt.
Every 10 secs, the following error was logged:

Awaiting DTC message. UOW: 598e77ca-0f50  (etc - very long number with
hyphens !) state: PREPARED

It looks like DTC is being blocked from completing the distributed
transaction somehow but we're not sure
why.
Another error that occurs frequently (but we don't know if it's affecting
anything) is:

Lazywriter: WARNING, couldn't find slot, 8/8, scanned 8

Has any-one come across these problems before ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike C

Email:

2. Installing IDAPI/PdoxWin to client workstations

3. Awaiting DTC Message:UOW<TranID>

4. Recovery during restart of SQL2K

5. UOW waiting

6. problem with jet 4.0

7. DB2 Connect EE V7.1 UOW monitor

8. Error 3029: Not a valid account name or password

9. Sybase Security Guardian question - SQL Server DCE enablement

10. Open Server vs. DCE RPC

11. DCE Client/Server & Objects

12. C_ISAM database server in a OSF/DCE environment.

13. Connecting to DB2 server in DCE using DB2 CLI