Sent: Saturday, March 20, 1999 1:15 PM

Subject: Re: ODBC connection error 126 via ASP

> I don't know what error 126 means exactly, but check the following:

> - set permissions on the Registry key HKLM\Software\Informix
>   - use program REGEDT32.EXE
>   - grant Full Control to the IUSR_machine user

> - make sure that the connection string has *ALL* of the Informix settings
>   - Example from my ASP:
>          "DSN=SystemDSN;UID=user;PASSWORD=passwd;DB=dbname;

> HOST=hostname;SERV=sqlexec;SRVR=server_name;PRO=onsoctcp;UID=user;"

>     The SRVR is the DBSERVERNAME from $ONCONFIG.  The UID is necessary
twice
> - not sure why...

Hi,

We are running into the same problem, only difference is that we are
running Standard Engine instead of Dynamic Server or Online Server. Does
this matter?

Thanks,

Sven Eric

ODBC connection error 126 via ASP

Post by David Vásquez Estrad » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>  I don't know what error 126 means exactly, but check the following:

>  - set permissions on the Registry key HKLM\Software\Informix
>    - use program REGEDT32.EXE
>   - grant Full Control to the IUSR_machine user

Is the IUSR:machine user the INFORMIX user on Windows NT that belongs to the
Informix-Admin group or can be any user that have connect privileges?????

Quote:

> > - make sure that the connection string has *ALL* of the Informix settings
> >   - Example from my ASP:
> >          "DSN=SystemDSN;UID=user;PASSWORD=passwd;DB=dbname;

> > HOST=hostname;SERV=sqlexec;SRVR=server_name;PRO=onsoctcp;UID=user;"

> >     The SRVR is the DBSERVERNAME from $ONCONFIG.  The UID is necessary
> twice

What does mean SERV = sqlexec???

Can the PRO = onsoctcp be PRO = olsoctcp ??? What is the difference between
them???

I trying the same thing (ODBC connection via ASP) and it doesnt work....Im
working with IDS 7.30.TC3 TNT (Windows NT)

Thanks in advance!

David

ODBC connection error 126 via ASP

When IIS is installed, this User is created automatically.