SCO vs UnixWare and Informix on a Pentium

SCO vs UnixWare and Informix on a Pentium

Post by Billy Wheel » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Dear all,

I have some experience running OnLine 5 on a home-grown Pentium with
UnixWare. I then ran some OnLine 5 benchmarks on an Acer Pentium running SCO
(3.2.4.2), and boy, was it slow!

Is it the Acer or the SCO or is it the combination? (I ask before I make the
effort and start trying to find out myself... :-)

TIA for any comments.
--

Cheers,

Billy

"Have you got it yet?" (c) Dazza, 1995

1. Fourgen : Sco Unix vs Unixware

Hi,
   I am looking at changing from SCO Unix 3.2.4 to Unixware and
would like to find out about any problems that I may incur with my
Fourgen case tools.  If anyone has any advice in this reguard I would
like to hear about it.

     Mark Tyrer - South Africa

2. Clustering, indexes, tranlogs

3. Fourgen on Sco vs Unixware

4. VFP: Spinner in a grid

5. SCO Open server VS UnixWare

6. Speed of CD App in VFP Codebook

7. SCO/Informix on Pentium?

8. Conversion of decimal to numeric

9. PENTIUM/SCO/INFORMIX

10. Informix on SCO Unixware

11. Informix On SCO Unixware 2.1

12. Informix 7.30 on SCO Unixware 7.01

13. Shared Memory Problems, Informix IDS 7.31 install on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1