IDS7.30 on Linux and MD5

Post by ?á????á éì?é?ù » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:13:24

I installed IDS7.3.UC10 on Linux RedHat 6.2 with MD5 passwords  and I can't
connect
to server becouse of MD5 support problem. I don't want to reinstall linux
without MD5.
Tell me please Informix release for Linux with MD5 support.

Ita

IDS7.30 on Linux and MD5

Post by Brett Randal » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:37:50

> I installed IDS7.3.UC10 on Linux RedHat 6.2 with MD5 passwords  and I can't
> connect
> to server becouse of MD5 support problem. I don't want to reinstall linux
> without MD5.
> Tell me please Informix release for Linux with MD5 support.

> Ita

I believe 9.21.X is OK.

Brett Randall

IDS7.30 on Linux and MD5

Post by lfre » Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:08:50

modify the file /etc/pam.d/passwd and /etc/pam.d/login

#password   required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok md5 shadow
password   required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok shadow

then run
passwd informix

Quote:> I installed IDS7.3.UC10 on Linux RedHat 6.2 with MD5 passwords  and I
can't
> connect
> to server becouse of MD5 support problem. I don't want to reinstall linux
> without MD5.
> Tell me please Informix release for Linux with MD5 support.

> Ita

IDS7.30 on Linux and MD5

Post by Ronald Col » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:12:12

> modify the file /etc/pam.d/passwd and /etc/pam.d/login

> #password   required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok md5 shadow
> password   required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok shadow

> then run
> passwd informix

Not quite.  You have run passwd for each database user you want to
connect to the database in order to convert their passwords from md5
to des.

--
Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA  93556-1412

President, CEO                             Fax: (760) 499-9152
My GPG fingerprint: C3AF 4BE9 BEA6 F1C2 B084  4A88 8851 E6C8 69E3 B00B

1. Corruption, IDS7.30.U...... on Linux

I found the following in one of my online.log files while a backup was
in progress.

09:20:21  Assert Failed: Archive detects that page 0x25a206 is corrupt.

I am trying to trace this page back to a table. Is there an easy (any)
way to do this ?
I tried the partnum value in systables, but this didn't work.

The online.log doesn't give much more than this, just the af-dump
and the af-dump contains the same message.

Dirk Moolman
Database Administrator
Reach Technologies
South Africa

www.thefuelgroup.co.za

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an
uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."
-Helen Keller

This message contains information intended for the perusal, and/or use (if
so stated), by the stated addressee(s) only. The information is
confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or in any manner rely upon the
information contained in this message (directly or indirectly). The sender
and/or the entity represented by the sender shall not be held accountable
in the event that this prohibition is disregarded. If you receive this
message in error, notify the sender immediately by e-mail, fax or telephone
representations contained in this message, whether express or implied, are
those of the sender only, unless that sender expressly states them to be
the views or representations of an entity or person, who shall be named by
the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. No liability shall
otherwise attach to any other entity or person.

2. string data, right truncation sqlstate = 22001

3. Network Problem IDS7.30.UC3+Linux (SuSE6.1)

4. Saudi Arabia - Systems Analyst - Web Design - Oracle, PowerBuilder, Java

5. IDS7.30 + Linux Kernel 2.2.10 +onsoctcp ?

6. MI-23354 -- DBA

7. problem connecting to IDS7.30 on Redhat7, -952 error

8. ISM on IDS7.30.UC3 - problems

9. Upgrade from IDS7.30 to IDS2000 (9.20) - Issues found

10. Error -25580 ASF_INIT_DATA with oninit IDS7.30

11. Tuning RA for DSS on IDS7.30

12. ER/IDS v9.30/Linux Red Hat v8.0